OCR01994 - *YES* Final Fantasy 4 'Lacrima'

Liontamer

Project track, don't go posting this before the project's out.

Your ReMixer name: Rozovian

Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: 21613

Name of game(s) arranged: ff4

Name of individual song(s) arranged: cry in sorrow

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.:

I asked OA one day if there was a track he needed to have done for the ff4 project, in something like Beyond Velocity's style. We settled on Cry In Sorrow, and I started working on it. He later suggested, after hearing a version of it, that it needed drums. I added drums. I mixed it. I asked zircon for advice. I fixed it. And then it was done.

That's the story. I picked the Latin word for tear as a name. I considered using Finnish, but we felt Latin worked better.

Enjoy. :D

----------------------------------------------------------------

http://snesmusic.org/v2/download.php?spcNow=ff4 - "Cry in Sorrow (part 2)" (ff4-17b.spc)

Short and sweet.

Good call from OA about the drums, definitely the right one. The drums gave some much needed depth to the texture and sounded very sophisticated. Loved the arrangement as well, I'm just paneling this so the others can see how you're coming along. Relaxing stuff overall; you seem to have the knack for this kind of style, bro. Keep it up!

YES

I would've preferred it in Finnish D:

Not much to say. Very pleasing soundscape with many interesting textures. Personally, I'm always a fan of any bell-type sound and ethnic percussion so you had me at hello. Sometimes the arrangement felt a tiny bit too original but it was minor. Nice usage of the prelude to spice things up.

Yeah, Ad, väldigt bra!

YES

• 1 month later...

I absolutely adore the soundscape on this track- it's deep and rich, much like Anso's love.

The bell harmonics at the beginning can be a bit harsh depending on your listening setup, so beware, but on most rigs it's fine. Ones that hype that specific frequency could end up getting pierced. I could only hear it on one of four setups. Besides that, production is spacious, there is very little toe-stepping, and a there's a full range.

Arrangement is a very good mix of old and new, IMO, with the arrangement being subtle and nuanced. I am very thankful that you were receptive to trying the hand drums, as i think it adds a ton of interest and texture with no downside.

Variation and ideas throughout worked for me, and I think this mix is your best work yet. Nice work. :-)

yes