OCR01859 - Final Fantasy IX "The Rose General"

djpretzel

• 2 months later...

DJPretzel actually somehow undersells this mix, which is shocking considering his praise, but there just aren't words enough to describe what an accomplishment this remix is. This is one of the most beautiful renditions of a song that I've ever heard. And it isn't just some great singer (though major credit to the voice quality!) - it's far more than that. The lyrics, good heavens, the lyrics are absolutely A+ and really evoke both emotions and the source material - tough to do both. Add to that the fact that she did all the instruments herself and added absolutely scintillating harmonies and changes that seem like they were part of the source all along......

...This is one of my favorite remixes I've ever heard. Pure beauty. Be proud, katethegreat19 - you have created something truly wonderful.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I... am ellipsis personified. Seriously, after I typed that first 'I' and then began to think about the mix and what I was going to write of it... <- happened. Big time. This is by far one of the most well done pieces of music on the site... From now on, whenever I'm trying to convince someone that video game music is a viable, valuable, and beautiful art, I am putting this song at the top of my 'ammunition' list.

PLEASE submit more. I'm sure we'd all love to hear from you.

• 1 month later...

Oh dear, some people actually make beautiful remixes. Just discovered this, fell in love immediately. Djp gave this one a lot of hype... Turns out everything he said is true, including this song being worth listening to for the rest of my life. I wish kate had done more remixes by now, but then again, this kind of magic can't be just pushed out. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01859 - Final Fantasy IX "The Rose General"
  • 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2009 at 12:01 PM, DrumUltimA said:

wow, this is absolutely beautiful. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I'm extremely impressed. Your voice is beautiful! The emotion in here is definitely real, and I think it's a good reminder for all musicians on this site that if YOU ARE NOT THIS EMOTIONALLY INVESTED IN YOUR WORK, YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. Fantastic work. Great playing too! Fantastic work.

same. I could gush about this forever...