OCRA-0014 - Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption

Enjoying it so far, good work everyone!

"Smiling Hilltop for Four Hands" by Long Dao is fantastic, really enjoyed this one most.

Edit: damn "Somewhere to Hide" is incredible too! and Fallen Dragoon! and..! Yeah I'll write a bigger review when I'll be done listening to them all :P Great stuff!

So, I was just browsing Kotaku..... :<

So I clicked it because I rather see what they posted about the FF4 project over their garbage site...and man there were a lot of garbage comments & misconceptions about the site over there. Also it was pretty sad to see one still bitter person post an off-base and incorrect comment there after the unmod deletion (get over it - an article about an album project has nothing to do with your eternal vague grudge).

I've had the CDs since I got it at the Otakon panel and started listening to it as soon as I got home yesterday.. I didn't bring my laptop.. :sleepdepriv:

Anyway, this is completely awesome! I've never played IV but I've heard the music both remixed and not, and I have to say this was done really well. Also now I really want to play some Final Fantasy.. 8-O

So I clicked it because I rather see what they posted about the FF4 project over their garbage site...and man there were a lot of garbage comments & misconceptions about the site over there. Also it was pretty sad to see one still bitter person post an off-base and incorrect comment there after the unmod deletion (get over it - an article about an album project has nothing to do with your eternal vague grudge).

a lot of misconceptions by about 15 people tops, when the story has around 12k views. I can live with that. :<

also, 'Eternal Vague Grudge' is an awesome remix name, and I call dibs on it. \m/ :-)

Any chance we can get a direct download link for whole album? (not rapidshare)... The place I work at is very restrictive and blocks about everything that doesn't seem completely legit (including torrents and rapidshare).

i'll be doing some minor edits to the site tonight, and i'll link up a complete mp3 + art zip. :-)

hey, i'm new to the site but this album is amazing.. i never even knew this community existed before winning the CD at otakon! anyway, i ripped the entire thing earlier today and uploaded it so here's a direct download in case there's a lack of seeds, etc.

also i'm really thinking about contributing some bass to future projects. you guys are amazing.

I am absolutely blown away by the amount of work the community put together. The range of styles, creativity and quality is amazing. When I heard the little kid in "Metal Mage" I about died laughing. Best remix EVAR. I absolutely love this game and so many of the tracks bring back warm memories. Thanks so much OCReMixers!

I so want to be involved in one of these projects!

I am absolutely blown away by the amount of work the community put together. The range of styles, creativity and quality is amazing. When I heard the little kid in "Metal Mage" I about died laughing. Best remix EVAR. I absolutely love this game and so many of the tracks bring back warm memories. Thanks so much OCReMixers!

I so want to be involved in one of these projects!

This makes me smile so much. :-)

The amount of exposure this site has received lately, and the album inparticular this weekend, is astounding. How badly the site was getting hit last night, and the BT tracker...that much interest, just speaks volumes of the quality all of us strive to bring out of our musical and video game passions. I'm gonna stop talking now. :tomatoface:

I have a question, now that I come to think about it: Does anyone have a list of which songs were used in the video, and in which order?

I've been able to figure out most of them on my own, but there's like two that I can't quite place.

osv theme of love

theme of love for guitar duet

full of courage

goodbye cid...

ana(pro)logue

there are no angels in the skies for us

rhymes with elixir

metal mage

almost fell for the trojan..

of fiend and man

golbez 'n goblins

fighting for tomorrow

the might of baron

OMFG! GET OUT OF THERE!!

step into the light

somewhere to hide

the flying machine

osv theme of love

theme of love for guitar duet

full of courage

goodbye cid...

ana(pro)logue

there are no angels in the skies for us

rhymes with elixir

metal mage

almost fell for the trojan..

of fiend and man

golbez 'n goblins

fighting for tomorrow

the might of baron

OMFG! GET OUT OF THERE!!

step into the light

somewhere to hide

the flying machine

Awesome! Thanks. "Of Fiend and Man" and "The Flying Machine" were the two that I was having trouble placing... which is odd, because "The Flying Machine" is one I've listened to a lot, lol.

hey, i'm new to the site but this album is amazing.. i never even knew this community existed before winning the CD at otakon! anyway, i ripped the entire thing earlier today and uploaded it so here's a direct download in case there's a lack of seeds, etc.

also i'm really thinking about contributing some bass to future projects. you guys are amazing.

orso, thanks for your consideration, but please don't distribute a version that you ripped from the CDs and tagged yourself. The digital copies we're distributing were meticulously tagged with the proper artist information and album art. If you want to help out with distribution, just download the files from the torrent and seed that. :)

Awesome! Thanks. "Of Fiend and Man" and "The Flying Machine" were the two that I was having trouble placing... which is odd, because "The Flying Machine" is one I've listened to a lot, lol.

Yeah!!! Flying machine 4 THE WIN! haha!

bLiNd's golbez 'n goblins was one of the most awesome shit i've ever heard. That guy's skills on techno beats are amazing.

There's so much that I want to say, but I can't remember it all to post.

The amount of sites that I was able to check out that are featuring the album is astounding. I can't wait to see everyone's reactions to this wonderful project.

I don't think many people can understand just how hard OA worked on this. I talk to him a lot on AIM, and there were very few times he WASN'T working on this in some shape or form. I can't give him enough praise for what he did to really make this project come alive. Thank you, OA.

alright, sorry about that. i had already uploaded everything before even checking the site out and finding out there was a direct download being made anyway. anyway the album is incredible and you guys are amazing, even though i was called ringo starr and insane at the panel, hahaha.