OCRA-0014 - Final Fantasy IV: Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption

I know this came out forever ago, but I'd just like to give my thoughts on it.

I love this album.

I really like almost every track, which is pretty rare for a 50+ track album covering a bunch of genres that I don't normally listen to.

The first few tracks make a fantastic album opener, and it manages to stay consistently good throughout. I love that there are so many different styles on this album, and yet all the tracks feel very similar!

Seeing as I'm not as familiar with FFIV's music as I am some of the other games in the series, I was kind of surprised that I liked it as much as I did, but man it really works!

That's one of the things that I like about OCRemix as a whole; most of my favorite remixes are from games that I haven't even played.

Anyway, I think everyone did an amazing job on this album, and I'd like to thank everyone who worked on it (even if it is a couple of years late) :P.

Most of us are still subscribed to this thread, I imagine, so thank you for the compliment. :D

• 4 weeks later...

To all artists on what I deem to be in the top-3 albums available by OCRemix:

First, THANK YOU! Your efforts and dedication are loved by so many more than you think. I have been listening for months, and finally had to get an account just so I could post about how great this album is.

While a shocking amount of tracks were good-to-excellent (very few do I pass over), some tracks truly stood out. All of these are 5-star efforts, above and beyond 'good' and into 'absolutely memorable' territory.

Full Of Courage: What an opening.

Read The Sine: One of the most unique entries on the album and one of my favorites. What a distinct effort on this one!

Golbez N' Goblins: Only one other track on the album gets things kickin' as much as this awesome track does.

Mystic Variations: To do justice to this tune is an incredible accomplishment!

Fallen Dragoon: Holy ----. Maybe my favorite song on the entire album. The use of melody and overlaying harmonies - the choice of instruments - one of the most evocative, engaging, and moody pieces I've ever heard. WOW.

The Still Land: Major props must be leveled for taking a song with such a simple beginning and turning it into such a haunting, beautiful song. Wow was this incredible.

Bridge To Eternity: This, along with Golbez N' Goblins, is physically impossible to listen to and not have your blood start pumping.

All Your Calcobrena Are Belong To Us: So unique, so memorable!! This is so fun to listen to.

I'd like to make one last acknowledgement of the special vocal efforts made on pieces like Somewhere To Hide and Finale Part II. It is a tribute that these vocal efforts didn't just avoid detracting to the piece; they added to it, and in both cases, I can't imagine the song being without them.

To everyone on this album, this was, and has been, a special treat. Thank you.

• 2 months later...

My mix of Zeromus (mastered)

http://www.mediafire.com/?alvaa481b9mr0n4

Just listened to this again and thought I would share. I appreciate Zircon's contribution to this project by mixing the track that was released, but I still feel it lost my vision and am upset about how my mix was voted down and how it was never pushed for the site with Andy's mix. I feel like I let everyone involved down, and didn't fight for my own integrity.

I still like this master, but I certainly feel I could do a better job and wouldn't have the same pressures now along with better tools and forethought of jumping into something this deep. If there's any interest let me know. I still may remix this, and I mean re-mix (like technically, not musically like this site).

• 3 months later...

Prayer

*Zeromus*

(Choir)

*Madness, shrouding the light

Opening wounds that have nothing inside,

Sealed within, eternal night,

Lunarian blood pulls like the tides*

(Ahhh! Zeromus!

Ahhh! Zeromus!)

*Cycling entropy, choking decay

Contagion rot as the mind melts away*

Take this moment,

Into reflection,

And remember your path

We believe in you,

Supporting your trials,

Please hear our distant prayers for you

*Spiraling in further towards me at last,

Destroying your future, erasing your past*

Together, we'll fight for our world,

And protect it from this fiend

(Fire from within)

We must prevail

*Let me teach you how to suffer,

My hate is supreme,

And you will not stop me!*

(Essence born of hate)

Never we will lay down to,

Your sick and twisted lunacy

(Cleansing bloodstained wings)

*Life will cease when all is destroyed,

I will bring the end,

So come and meet your fate!*

(Deep beyond Hell's gates)

We must bring this dawn,

A new hope must become

*There is no hope*

United we are strong,

Our prayers will overcome

*Haha, nothing can defeat me*

And with the havoc that you have wrought,

That's brought the dark that tested our hearts,

*There's no escape*

We won't let you bring eternal night,

Zeromus, we won't go without a fight!

*If you're so eager, then come and die!

Die! Die! Die! Die!*

Show your true self

*Everything is now for me,

I will make you beg and plead,

Hehe, everything is now for me!

Just die!

Just perish!

Haha, die!!!*

(Growing stillness in the heavens,

Darkness deeper than the night,

Forcing all to flee or perish,

No one leaves this place alive,

Come within now, desolation,

Mirror surface bathed in black,

Endless silence through the terror,

Perfect hope begins to crack

Ahhh! Zeromus!

Ahhh! Zeromus!)

*Spiraling in further towards me at last,

Destroying your future erasing your past*

Together, we'll fight for our world,

And protect it from this fiend

(Fire from within)

We must prevail

*Let me teach you how to suffer,

My hate is supreme,

And you will not stop me!*

(Essence born of hate)

Never we will lay down to,

Your sick and twisted lunacy

(Cleansing bloodstained wings)

*Life will cease when all is destroyed,

I will bring the end,

So come and meet your fate!*

(Deep beyond Hell's gates)

We must bring this dawn,

A new hope must become

*There is no hope...*

United we are strong,

Our prayers will overcome

*...nothing can defeat me...*

And with the havoc that you have wrought,

That's brought the dark that tested our hearts,

*There is no escape!*

We won't let you bring eternal night,

Zeromus, we won't go without a fight!

*If you're so eager, then come and...GAH!!*

• 3 months later...
My mix of Zeromus (mastered)

http://www.mediafire.com/?alvaa481b9mr0n4

Just listened to this again and thought I would share. I appreciate Zircon's contribution to this project by mixing the track that was released, but I still feel it lost my vision and am upset about how my mix was voted down and how it was never pushed for the site with Andy's mix. I feel like I let everyone involved down, and didn't fight for my own integrity.

I still like this master, but I certainly feel I could do a better job and wouldn't have the same pressures now along with better tools and forethought of jumping into something this deep. If there's any interest let me know. I still may remix this, and I mean re-mix (like technically, not musically like this site).

It's gone :(. Really would have loved hearing this

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Have any of you had issues when importing this album onto an iPhone (from iTunes)? For some reason it duplicates the album, but only with a portion of the songs:

final_fantasy_4.jpg

It only does this on the iPhone; not in iTunes (on my PC) itself. Meaning iTunes shows one album and one of each song like it should, but when I drag and drop the album onto my connected iPhone it duplicates the album: One album has all 54 songs listed while the other album has 16 songs listed. BUT if I delete the 'extra album' with the incomplete track listing then those same songs get removed from the other, previously complete, album.

It's really super annoying! Especially since I'm OCD and can't handle stuff like this! Please help! :(

Thanks so much, Kyle! That seems to have fixed it! I actually didn't even bother with MP3Tag; once you mentioned the compilation field I just selected the files all at once in Windows Explorer and set that field to 'Yes'. It looks like I could have done that straight from iTunes, too...not sure, though. Anyhow, thanks again!

Thanks so much, Kyle! That seems to have fixed it! I actually didn't even bother with MP3Tag; once you mentioned the compilation field I just selected the files all at once in Windows Explorer and set that field to 'Yes'. It looks like I could have done that straight from iTunes, too...not sure, though. Anyhow, thanks again!

Oh yeah, I forgot Windows Explorer actually has a tag editor. I'm surprised the compilation field showed up under it. That's pretty awesome.

• 1 year later...

This may have been answered previously, but I have noticed an oddity with this album. In my media player on the computer, all the acts are separated as they should be, but when I actually put them on my mp3 player, I only get two albums; all the acts fused together, and then the bonus tracks. Is this intentional, or is there a way I can fix it?

This may have been answered previously, but I have noticed an oddity with this album. In my media player on the computer, all the acts are separated as they should be, but when I actually put them on my mp3 player, I only get two albums; all the acts fused together, and then the bonus tracks. Is this intentional, or is there a way I can fix it?

Kyle answered a pretty similar issue a few posts above, and Brad's answer would take care of it if your player can't parse the discs field.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...
4 hours ago, Autumnus Dux said:

I tried to grab the album today and neither the torrent nor the per-track download mirrors were working. A lot of the mirrors were straight up 404s.

Is there some other way to obtain the album in 2023?

Thanks in advance.

https://ocremix.org/torrents - says the FF4 album torrent has 35 seeders. It sounds like you had no luck using the torrent link from that page?

• 2 weeks later...