OCR01875 - Final Fantasy IV "Fighting for Tomorrow"

djpretzel

I'll be honest - this was one of my favorites from the album. It's amazing to me that so many people worked on this with the singing and managed to make it sound good and merge well with the music rather than detract from it. And I enjoyed the translated lyrics. Many times I think lyrics (even if sung well) on songs on this site come out corny or cheesy. But I felt these were poignant but still simple. Very Fabul. Very Yang.

This track has grown to one of my personal favorites in the project, especially after reading the translation of the lyrics. You really get the impression of a ton of people fighting for Fabul, and combined with the moment in the actual game, it holds in faith with the story to give it a stronger impact.

Great job OA, Nutritious, Hemophiliac, and the Fabul Men's Choir!

I'm gonna go ahead and use this opportunity to lavish praise on everyone who participated in this album.

FFIV: EoB, LoD (there is no good way to abbreviate that, argh) is a masterwork, honestly. Everyone did an absolutely stellar job. I've always felt that the FFIV soundtrack has been vastly underappreciated and undervalued as a source of...source, but this album almost completely remedies this. I was able to hear new takes on the tracks I know and love, and in some cases was completely blown away as I was able to hear the source in a way very close to how I've always thought it could be if used to its full potential.

Brilliant job here, many kudos to all involved in this project.

Okay, now on to the track at hand. This was marvelous, and yes I am a total sucker for Latin chorus and intense orchestration (I blame Derek Oren and Jeremy Robson for that). You've taken the source and blown it up to massive, epic proportions. Just awesome.

I stand by my opinion that this is the best track on the album. OA did such an amazing job not only adding to the source, but keeping the original in mind AND bringing elements to the game into the mix. The choir is fantastic and really adds wonderful depth and emotion to the piece.

Nutritious really helped make this song stand out especially through his use of brass. The opening, and the hits you hear later on really flesh out and add to the overall.

Congratulations to OA, Nutritious, and of course to the Fabul Men's Choir for this fantastic piece!

+100% volume at 1:45. +50% more at 3:45. Every time.

I never paid mind to the source, but man this reworking kicks ass. The choir is the lynchpin: the passion carried in the voices capture the resolute determination of Yang and company. Honor and right must prevail. The recurring koto, handling the most recognizable section of the source, is a fitting touch; and the crunchy guitar work coupled with the choir chants later in the song truly personifies the strife. The diverse instrumentation (I heard that brass!) and overall incredibly creative re-envisioning make this a gem. Awesome work, all.

absolutely stunning. excellent production and the choir did a bangup job. However, I have a few critiques for the choir.

The beginning was solid for the most part, though it seems that there are some conflicting annunciations of the latin, but that may just be my ears. Everything from 1:19 to 4:34 is absolutely awesome, the hits are great, and the parts, though basic, work astonishingly well. When going back to the "stemus familia..." part at 4:34, I heard some sliding in the tenor section that seemed... well... out of place in a latin chant. Then again, the song had a definite dosage of eastern sound themes, so it might have been intentional, and who am I to argue there?

All in all, this is an entire Chocolate Factory's worth of ear-candy, and is easily my most favored track of this album! Hoping the Fabul Men's Choir convenes again for more awesomeness, which I hope to be a part of next time (ordering a new mic soon!)

I've been meaning to review this, but keep putting it off. This is easily in the top 3 of my favorite songs from the album. OA really did a stellar job on it.

I remember this song had an especially long development time as I think he has having nailing down exactly what he was hearing in his head. If I remember right, the initial version wasn't much more than just the (non-kit) drum patterns. OA did show me a bunch of versions of this song as it progressed.

If anyone's curious as to how the title of the song came about, it came to the point where OA was really starting to bring the song together and incorporate the choir. I kept bugging him to share updates of the song and he'd always promise that he'd bounce a new version tomorrow. Many tomorrows later, the update would come through. Jokingly, I told him that he had to name it "Tomorrow", but Avaris came up with a much better play on it: "Fighting for Tomorrow".

Anyway, it really was a pleasure getting a chance to collaborate on orchestra. I can't remember if OA asked me to or if I heard some parts in the song and offered to do it. I went for a heavy brass emphasis, which I hope fit well with the mood of the song.

Overall, OA really did an excellent job seamlessly incorporating so many different elements (especially the choir!) into a single, cohesive mix. It's an excellent track that's only made better by how unique it is in its approach.

• 3 months later...

MAN CHOIR!!!!

*Ahem* Sorry about that...

This song is easily my favorite track from the album. Not just from the sheer amount of ReMixers on the track alone, but the production of this is outstanding. The male choir really adds another level of depth and emotion and gives the feeling of well... Fighting for tomorrow :tomatoface:

Nutritious and OA (as well the Fabul's Men Choir) really went above and beyond and it paid off big time.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01875 - Final Fantasy IV "Fighting for Tomorrow"