OCR01875 - Final Fantasy IV "Fighting for Tomorrow"

djpretzel

This has to be one of my favorites from the FFIV album because of how chant-like it is.

My only question is... what are the lyrics to it? I'd love to sing along. (This soprano is secretly a bass.)

EDIT: Found the Lyrics tab about a minute later.

Also, I believe the first line is translated as "we", not "I". Minor detail, but still beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...

While I don't like this one as much as some of the other megacollabs on FFIV, it's purely for personal reasons and has nothing to do with the merit put forward by OA or Nutritious. The concept was wonderful and I honestly didn't think a virtual choir could be executed this wonderfully! Really a monumental track and I can see why everyone's enjoying this so much, it's just not my cup-o-tea, personally :?

Objectively speaking, though, one of the best-conceived and well-executed songs on the album!

• 5 months later...

Checklist for epic fighting theme: Latin Men's Choir, check. Grand opening, check. Amazing speed up that leads to driving rock sounds mixed with natural sounding asian instruments, check. Cool middle break, check. Strong finish, check. I think you got it all, guys! Damn near perfect ReMix to me!

• 3 months later...

Great Mix, the Choir work is absolutely fabulous. The rest of the mix just brings it together and makes it so goddamned epic.

That being said, I don't like it very much. Maybe it's a bad day for epic music, I don't know. It's a loud piece that gets the blood pumping and provokes throwing up the horns. I guess I feel like it works in a precarious position between areas of music. On one hand I could do with a little bit more metal, or more electronic, or even more men's choir. The current balance is a great fusion but I would just love a bit different feel.

Also, in general I don't like very much Chant fusion (that's not a real genre, but I think it communicates the style accurately). I hate one-winged angel, I hated most all of the chant-style pieces in Final Fantasy games. Really, the Chant adds enough intensity of feeling to a situation without fusing it to make it more epic. This isn't a religious thing, I don't think that soul music is a corruption of gospel - I just don't find it pleasing to my ears.

TL;DR - NO ME GUSTA "Track Title".

• 1 year later...

I chose this song to review last mainly because of the title. Slaying Final OA by reviewing a song called "Fighting for Tomorrow" seems fitting, doesn't it?

As for the mix itself, it's a nice take. The chanting really adds a nice touch to the track, and gives it a nice feeling. Everything comes together seamlessly, it works extremely well. Fantastic work from all involved! :3

Final OA... vanquished

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01875 - Final Fantasy IV "Fighting for Tomorrow"