Anime

S2 of 00 was disappointing but tolerable to me. I liked some of the gundam designs.

Haven't been into anime as much lately but I've started watching Canaan and Umineko no naku koro ni and both are suprisingly entertaining and have kept my entrance through the first 3 or so episodes. I would recommend both. Umineko is a murder mystery (think Clue.. in a mansion, people getting picked off) with a touch of fantasy/paranormal. Canaan reminds me of Noir a bit, young girl assassin but the overall plot escapes me at the moment.

Decided to rewatch Eureka 7 as I'm currently 'collecting' Gundam 00... very very slowly...

Waiting for the newer episodes of Hajime no Ippo to slowly come out as well.

I wish Bandai would make another non-Gundam show as good as Eureka 7 (or Geass). I fucking loved it. Gundam 00 is a total joke starting around the halfway point of season 2.

So the other thread went on into the oblivion that is nonexistence, so I thought I'd go ahead and create another thread.

So what's everyone watching? What's coming up in the coming months that we should look out for? Was anyone annoyed by Gundam 00 S2?

Discussion commence!

This is honestly, mostly old stuff, but I've really enjoyed these few series over the last few months with the g/f. Can't recommend these enough.

Dennou Coil

amazingly unique anime. great concept! The animation is just too good.

Fruits Basket

good, solid story. great characters, even if a little cute.

Lovely Complex

great love story. Lots of funny moments. Starts out slow, but really has

a unique way with the animation. Loved it.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzuhima

amazingly good anime. great characters, awesome story.

Haibane Renmei

just finished this one, a little slow, doesn't do much, but man, its

really unique, again, superb characters. Some very 'omg' moments. Love the

emotional intensity in this one.

Irresponsible Captain Taylor... even though all the Japanese stuff says it's "Tylor", but whatever.

Sometimes old shows you've never seen before are just as good as newer shows you've seen several times.

Tylor was the first anime comedy I could really get into. It was nice to see something trying to be funny without being stupid school kids and something that had a very endearing cast. Cryburn and Andressen are win.

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzuhima

amazingly good anime. great characters, awesome story.

I'd totally recommend the first season of Haruhi. Season 2 is quite literally stuck in a loop.

No seriously, the gang is caught up in a time loop created by her and the past 5 episodes have been the same exact thing with minor alterations and no resolution. I have no idea who thought this would be a good idea for TV.

And yeah, Gundam 00 S2 was pretty weak compared to season 1 and it even got progressively worse.

No seriously, the gang is caught up in a time loop created by her and the past 5 episodes have been the same exact thing with minor alterations and no resolution. I have no idea who thought this would be a good idea for TV.

I loved that volume in the novels.

Series I've enjoyed lately are Boccano!, Kekkaishi and Black Lagoon...sadly that's all I'm coming up with anime wise. I haven't seen any good ones lately.

Im downloading a movie right now called Nitaboh. Not sure what it's gonna be like but I like the story summary and told the soundtrack is beautiful

Also been watching Phantom - Requiem For The Phantom as well as the new version of Full Metal Alchemist. New FMA is quite the departure from the first series and I think I like it, while Phantom is pretty much another girls with guns in the same vein as Noir, but mixed with The Professional and a little Gungrave as well. I'm lovin' it.

Phantom had a really great first half and almost-too-similar-to-the-Professional second half. I hope it throws more curveballs because the show is solid so far.

And yeah, this season's FMA is LEAGUES better than the last one. Mainly because this is the 'real story' of the manga and not some bastardization and hippie-hand-holding version of it. And the animation/music of EACH episode is amazing. It's obvious they pumped a lot of effort and money into this one. Bones seems to be doing that recently, the same story with Soul Eater before it.

Now I'm getting around to Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. It's like a typical disaster movie, but except it's anime. lol

Recently finished watching Claymore, Chobits, and Kaze no Stigma

Claymore was almost as awesome as Devil May Cry and Chobits was a welcome departure from depressing downer-ending anime. Kaze no Stigma was... cool, i guess. Oh, and Code Geass was lame after season 1 ended. Causality just doesn't stick it's neck out that far to try and ruin the life of one person.

Going a bit further back, I finally finished all of the Evangelion stuff, got clinically depressed, and moved on only to find they're remaking it so i'll be obligated to watch that depressing dysfunctional cast angst all over themselves while blowing crap up again. at least i get to gawk at ZOMFG REI BANDAGE GIRL again!

Watching S2 of Gundam 00 as well, and rather enjoying it, though i'm only 8 eps in at the moment.

Started Black Lagoon, but i doubt I'll finish it. Tried to watch the Negima anime, but found it harder to get into than the manga.

I'll probably just watch Gurren Lagann again.

It pains me so much that they don't continue the Berserk and Claymore animes as both mangas are not only much further in the story, but much more awesome. Unfortunately the weak "ending" to the Claymore anime pretty much ensures they'll never do it unless it's a total redo.

I also forgot to recommend Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino. It has a bit more focus than the first season, and is much better(even though I thought the first season was great). The art direction is different, but the season itself is great.

Have pretty much narrowed to my top 20 all-times favorites animes, and re-watch them from time to time.

Will probably list them here someday...

Recently, I've been through the whole Full Metal Panic season 1,2 and Fumoffu again. It's oldies but goodies.

This summer, I'm planning to go again through Witch Hunter Robin, Kino no Tabi, Wolf Rain, and possibly Ergo Proxy.

Yeah, I'm an old-fashioned guy like that. :mrgreen: