OCR01152 - *YES* Halo 'Ruined Desert'

djpretzel

OCR judges...

Well, I see my first track got rejected, so I'd like to introduce another HALO Piece. After reading your comments on the first one, I totally respect what you had to say and I completely agree about it being an "extended" intro piece.. Which.. btw is what is was composed for exactly! :) It was for a trailer-esk video my friend was creating. I don't know if its a good thing that you guys said it belonged on a Demo Sample CD or not? :)

So, with the first one on a unamious "NO", I'd figure I'd keep trying. :)

The HALO theme is interweaved within the piece giving it a rustic and ethnic flavor. I meant for this piece to be a replacement music for one of the snow scenery boards within the game. Sneaking up on the enemy. Slowly getting more and more into the heat of the battle. Its more of a "stand back and watch" with patience.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy this one a lot more than the previous track. :)

If not.. I'll keep on trying!!

(got a good CoutnerStrike Montage mix) =)

-j

Good to hear that the NO didn't down your spirits. We really hope no one gets turned off by the judging process. Its for everyone's good in the end.

Rustic ambience? yep.

I can see this fiting into a game like halo.

Still, I'm wondering what the original sounded like.

It builds and fades. Well done. Sample quality is in the lows. Could be better mastered.

Really holds me. I could loop it all day while playin halo.

Borderline YES from me for good orchestral skill. Work on mastering.

Pretty cinematic. Nice opening. Brass is kinda bleh, but good atmosphere.

Samples at some points are kinda "meh," but the arrangement is good. Nice highs and lows.

Kinda slow goings though; I wish it would pick up more.

Choir swelling at the end is nice.

The gong would have been nice to hear again at the end.

This works. I LIEK IT!!~1~1!!@12

YES~

I'm not sure if I'm hearing what you all did. But these samples aren't bad, in fact I can recognize a lot of cutting edge samples.

The duduk bends are fairly obvious for example. Brass is as good as you might find for a nice sum as well. I agree that some of the sounds could be used better. The instrument placement on this is kind of strange at times. Also the right side is at times far stronger, it would have been nice to get a more balanced sound.

Pretty nice arrangement, great production quality for that cinematic sound. Our first halo mix to be posted is now enshrined.

YES