OCR01941 - *YES* Banjo-Kazooie 'Wallachian Prince'

OceansAndrew

• 2 weeks later...
Let me know if i'm not doing this right, guys.

You're just begging for a zing with this, but I'll let someone else take it.

What I like most about this song is that even though you've transposed the song to a minor key (which is already a cool idea), if you take out the guitars, it sounds pretty much like something you'd hear in the game, maybe when Tooty gets kidnapped. Yet it's original and has your distinctive touches all over it. What I like second most about the song is the slyly creeping strings in the bridge - that's sick. Sometimes the writing gets crowded but that's the only negative I can give you here, this is great.

YES

Let me know if i'm not doing this right, guys.

musicwrong.jpg

Jokes aside, this is a great track. Sounds a bit like the Disgaea soundtracks, very cool sound. Arrangement nails the minor transition and spices up everything around it too. The guitar tone during the "breakdown" section is a bit sloppy imo and sounds flat, but that's minor. Production is overall great even though, like Vinnie pointed out, it gets a tiny bit crowded at times. Not a big deal though.

You might be doing it wrong but damnit I don't care!

YES

OA told me how much he totally loved his track for the freshly baked bonanza. I believe the exact word was 'obnoxious'.

So this is obviously pretty good. Vinnie is correct in saying minus the guitars it may as well be in the damn game as an evil version of the theme. My only real crit is stop using the AD compressor you lazy bum.

YES but I wouldn't call him back

http://hcs64.com/usf/sets/banjokusf.zip - (73) "Tooty's Theme"

The sequencing was a bit too stiff IMO, but the overall execution was still very solid. The guitar work was pretty meaty, fleshed out the track nicely and de-emphasized any issues with the sequenced stuff. I really love how all of the elements came together, especially because the other instrumentation was a small ensemble rather than grandiose symphonic rock. Cool approach.

The ending was anticlimactic at 2:49; I would have let the last notes resonate more; as is, it just stops. Tweak it if you can, but it's not a huge deal though; this was really fun stuff.

YES