OCR01964 - *YES' Final Fantasy 7 'Aire Tam Break'

Fishy

ReMixer: Fishy

ReMix name: Aire Tam Break (although feel free to suggest a better one, i suck at names, 200 internets if you know where thats from without googling)

Game: FF7

Songs used: Fighting, Still more fighting, Anxious Hearts

Comments:

Structurally and stylistically this draws heavily from pendulum, in particular a song called Another Planet but more in the kinda rock crossover style that you find on In Silico. I started toying with addictive drums trying to make them sound as huge as possible and added this drop-in riff just to try it out, and suddenly I had a whole remix.

I really had fun making this; I'm not usually particularly good with synth based stuff cause I'm usually too impatient to layer or automate modulation properly etc but I'm really proud of this.

Note regarding the pendulum inspiration: I know the intro features similar ideas to another planet but I didn't take anything musically from it, just stylistically. Just wanted to make that clear in case anyone's concerned about it.

Also, the "suddenly there was a change" sample followed by a triplet version of the riff is pretty much stolen (though I made the triplet version before I realized the sample would be funny there), but if that's not cool blame Andy, 'cause he told me to do it.

ty for listening :3

edit: Just realised I'm way over 6mg, I'll sort it later.

2006-2007: Everyone on OCR wants to be BT.

2008-2009: Everyone on OCR wants to be pendulum.

:-)

Anyways, overall hot stuff, I liked the variation of styles you used, and the transitions were pretty good. I did think you kindof Lazied-up the Anxious heart segment- there was a lot of room in that breakdown for some extra expansion, but between the additional harmonies, rhythms, and general treatment of making several themes fit together as a whole, this is nice.

intro runs a bit long, but there is plenty-o-source here.

yes

Hmm, I didn't hear Still More Fighting in this, but the uses of the other tracks were apparent and were used almost everywhere besides the intro. I thought it was a great pairing of Pendulum's style with these tunes. Your synth work was pretty cool here, you deserve to be proud! I will say that the guitar felt upfront compared to the other instruments at 0:57 and each section with that motif. I might have pulled that back a little, made it less present. Like OA, I also thought you could have done more in the bridge, but it served its purpose. It's still a very nice track!

YES

• 4 weeks later...

I still think you could've varied stuff up more, especially when it comes to support writing and harmonies. At the moment the riffs are great but that's all there is. Well well, guess there's no harm in that.

Production's solid but sometimes feels a bit empty when all instruments share the same role. Everything's crisp and clean though, good balance overall. Arrangement has enough source and does arrange it well enough. It's a tasty, tasty track. Good energy.

Nice to see some MOAR FISHY around here ;)

YES