Updated Torrent, Chris Tin's New Album, Andy/Jill/FL9!

djpretzel

Updated Site Torrent! Finally!

The second main site torrent has been updated to span from ReMix OCR01001 to OCR01900. Link is:

http://bt.ocremix.org/torrents/OverClocked_ReMix_OCR01001_to_OCR01900.torrent

...Please help seed!

Christopher Tin Gives OC ReMix Listeners $1 Off Presales of "Calling All Dawns"

CallingAllDawns-s.png

The composer of Civilization IV's modern classic "Baba Yetu", Christopher Tin, is looking to hook up OCR members with more great orchestral and world music through his new original album "Calling All Dawns". pixietricks lent her talents to the album by providing some session vocals, so be sure to support work within the community by grabbing this great album.

OCR members get a buck off ordering a single copy of the album with the promo code "OCREMIX". That code should only be used to buy a single copy, but you can get even bigger savings through the store when you get more than 1.

Everyone who pre-release orders a CD before the street date of October 1st gets it exclusively SIGNED & NUMBERED by Chris!

Check out previews of EVERY track & place your order at:

http://www.christophertin.com/news.html

zircon and pixietricks Release Official Fruityloops Studio 9 Demo Song!

Andy (zircon) and Jill (pixietricks), otherwise known as the Aversas, wrote the official Fruityloops Studio 9 demo song! Check it out at

Nope, not yet. We'll shoot for either OCR01950 or OCR02000 for that; I still need official album art to embed and Dave needs to check over the tags to make sure we're not missing anything he thinks should be there. But it'll happen down the line.

Sounds good; I look forward to it {^^}.

I also ordered Christopher Tin's album yesterday (after listening to the preview tracks), and took a listen to that FL9 demo. Both sound amazing. I'm especially looking forward to getting Calling All Dawns signed. KF

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I just got the Calling All Dawns digital download yesterday and it's amazing. Yeah, I agree, there's a lot of intent behind the composition of the album as a whole, and each track has this amazingly epic feel to it that's juts brilliant. I mean, like, eyes rolling back in aural pleasure kind of brilliant.

I can't wait to get the physical copy. But apparently as something like 1100 people took Christopher Tin up on the pre-orders, he has that many albums to sign before mailing them out {^^}. KF

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my (signed) physical copy! # 551 out of 1100.

If you check out Christopher Tin's blog, he has some photos of his home/office with the stacks of CDs waiting to be signed, and waiting to be shipped off. I don't mind the (very slight) delay at all; it was totally worth it.

The lyrics/liner notes (including translations of everything and the original sources) alone make the physical copy worth it. I'm gonna be buying another copy of this as a present for someone else shortly, who I know would really love it. KF

• 1 month later...
Jill, what tracks are you on for this? One of the voices in Mado Kara Mieru sounds a lot like you, but I can't tell for sure.

The three singers on Mado Kara Mieru are all Japanese, so Jill isn't one of them. I didn't think she was on the album, actually. But if I had to guess, I'd say Lux Aeterna (sixth track). (I don't have the liner notes on me, but I think Lux Aeterna's singer was credited in there...) Caoneaidh could be, but that's credited to Anonymous 4. KF

The three singers on Mado Kara Mieru are all Japanese, so Jill isn't one of them. I didn't think she was on the album, actually. But if I had to guess, I'd say Lux Aeterna (sixth track). (I don't have the liner notes on me, but I think Lux Aeterna's singer was credited in there...) Caoneaidh could be, but that's credited to Anonymous 4. KF

Jill's credited as a background singer, and there are more than 3 lead singers in Mado Kara Mieru. And Jill is, I believe, fluent in Japanese.

Jill, what tracks are you on for this? One of the voices in Mado Kara Mieru sounds a lot like you, but I can't tell for sure.

Pretty much any track with backing vocals included her as part of the choir. Also, she did all the demo work for all the tracks, so we have versions of all those songs, pre-mastering, with her singing lead on them :-)

Pretty much any track with backing vocals included her as part of the choir. Also, she did all the demo work for all the tracks, so we have versions of all those songs, pre-mastering, with her singing lead on them :-)

That explains a lot. Thanks!

@GT: Yeah, I checked the liner notes after posting that and saw the same thing. I'd totally forgotten about all the other vocals (in that track and others). KF