OCR01966 - *YES* Mega Man ZX 'Flames of Darkness'

Palpable

ReMixer name: DJ Velly

Email address: seciden@gmail.com

User ID: 27583

Name of game arranged: Mega Man ZX

Name of song arranged: Black Burn - Area O

-------------------------------------------------------------------

There were some twists with the melodies from the original, and the production was solid, but there was copy/paste happening, as is often the case with this style. The instruments were pretty generic as well, which didn't help. In general, though the song was not bad, it felt lacking in creativity to me. I feel like it's tough to articulate my thoughts on exactly what could be changed, and I'm not even sure others agree with me, so let's throw it to the panel. Regardless of the outcome, I'd love to hear something more from you because there's a lot of good things about this track.

NO (resubmit)

I think Vinnie has made some really good points in that there was a pretty generic sounding soundfield, and a decent amount of repetition, but I do think that the arrangement develops really well, and the production balance and clarity is over the bar.

I think some sections feel more repetitive than they actually are because the arrangement style is comprised of additional layers being added rather than a complete shift in feel. Either way, it is a good expansion on the original, which had a solid base to begin with. There are a lot of subtle pans and though i'm not sure of every synth choice, I do think that as a whole it definitely works, and I enjoy the track.

yes

• 4 weeks later...

I just don't get why supersaws are so popular. They're aight, but the texture is so IN YOUR FACE without any real, notable morphing or variation, it just tends to kind of bore me when it stays for so long.

Bias aside, this seems to be a pretty solid arrangement, and though I don't find the instrumentation unique or particularly compelling, it sounds pretty well put-together. Good production, decent arrangement, I suppose it doesn't really matter if it's innovative or not, does it?

Welcome aboard, I say.

YES

• 2 weeks later...

While the arrangement and sound choices certainly aren't anything to write home about I think the complete package is still quite potent. It does expand on the source in a few different ways and the arrangement, while very streamlined, is still dynamic. I'm going to be honest, this remix just barely squeaks by for me. For future submissions try to vary up the sounds and beat a bit, try to get around the "copy+paste" feeling and try to get a little more creative with the arrangement.

Like I said though, this just about makes it over the bar for me. Solid first submission!

YES(borderline)