OCR01910 - Chrono Cross "Through Time and Space"

djpretzel

The bible says..."In the end, people appreciate honest criticism far more than flattery" so I still love you DJP. I just approached it the wrong way in words with sarcasm and bad jokes so I am sorry again. I was only trying to defend OC ReMixers that had been waiting since 2008 to get their tracks posted, not just ABG. Some people just twist words and situations. None of us are perfect and I think this community could take some direct criticism to make it a better site.

Anyway, I think it's funny that the first word in ABG's write-up is "Finally" hahaha... and Zircon's review in the judges panel rocks. That's a high compliment and those 2 artists will take it far with Zircon's words. Jordan and I have been helping ABG and Jewbei to take it far in life with their music and OC ReMix. I hope to hear more tracks by them... ABG should be submitting a new song here soon, as I think that one is better than this one.

Like I say to you ABG...nice work :nicework:

Wow, thanks for posting my ReMix so promptly :) I really appreciate it. Also stoked on a lot of the comments from the guys in the judges panel, you guys kick ass! I was going for something pretty different here (a trance track with only a minute and a half of unts?!) and the focus was definitely on atmosphere and texture, so I hope people enjoy that quality of the mix.

Well, there's times when I get a bit annoyed with the constantly looping melody in the beginning and end of the song (maybe because it's panned so far to one ear) but for some reason there's something strangely enjoyable about it at the same time. I'm not really sure what I think about that, honestly :P

Overall, though, I like the sounds you've used and your buildups and breakdowns are executed very tastefully. Good work, I'm glad this got posted! You don't see this kind of music getting posted as frequently these days, so it's a nice treat when a song like this makes it up on the front page :-)

Fantastic work- this really focuses on the builds to great effect, and the only thing I think this could have done differently to make me enjoy it more is to have the beats hit harder. Pretty small potatoes as far as i'm concerned. :-)

Nice synths, and the bell sound from the original was well meshed with the new elements.

Well played, sir. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
I love love love this song, but....ever since I've listened to this, something has bugged me. That ticking sound that comes in at 2:21. Seems to be a liiittle off, like just behind the underlying bass beat. It might not be as noticeable had it been a little quieter maybe.

Listening to this again, I have to agree - I think replacing it completely with something else utilized differently to fill in the sound would be the best option. It takes away from the trance feel of the song greatly to me.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 11/21/2011 at 10:58 PM, Velocifero said:

I love love love this song, but....ever since I've listened to this, something has bugged me. That ticking sound that comes in at 2:21. Seems to be a liiittle off, like just behind the underlying bass beat. It might not be as noticeable had it been a little quieter maybe.

I think the ticking is just fast triplets. Never really bothered me but I can see why it can put some people off.

Agreed completely with Crulex, this definitely feels like a trip through time and space. The tragic tone of the mix remains even as the trance beat comes in which is impressive. Sometimes when I listen to this mix, it makes me feel hopeful for our future, like we're exploring among the stars for new life. Other times it makes me feel...sad. Like we've made mistakes that we can't undo. I dunno, it's hard to explain. Minor key for ya

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01910 - Chrono Cross "Through Time and Space"