There will no doubt be some questions and hopefully some (as constructive as possible, please!) suggestions, but let me address some likely issues AND provide some (hopefully helpful) notes:
- Firstly, this is a purely cosmetic overhaul and is *not* the project we've been working on for the last several years. In fact, no new features or content have been added, it's purely visual.
- At the moment, only 50 of the site mascots have been converted. I'm now doing alpha-transparent PNGs, which means that plenty of folks will probably rip them off and use them elsewhere, but hey, who cares. Credit for the oft-tedious Photoshop masking involved would be nice...
- Yes, the sidebar is gone. Depending on the effects on advertising revenue and the features introduced in vBulletin 4 some time in 2010, I can't promise that some form of sidebar won't be reintroduced on the forums, or elsewhere, but for now the mega-dropdowns are serving our navigation needs nicely.
- The alpha navigation is gone as well, though individual alpha pages still work. As the database has grown, it just seems like this feature has made less and less sense. Why browse 5 pages of mixes or scan 90 games beginning with "S" when you can simply search? We'll monitor site analytics to see how this removal affects traffic; I've already seen a couple people complain so it *might* be something we reinstate, but only if we feel we HAVE to.
- While it's been worked on and refined significantly up to this point, we're still making some tweaks. In some sense, every web design is a work-in-progress, and based on feedback and our own experience using the site there will likely be changes.