OCR01917 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker "First Time on Outset"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

Well although I didn't think it was possible, you topped your Super Mario Land remix-collab in one single chorus. The amount of depth and things going on, and they way they come together; my mind is blown every time I listen to this. It amazes me to hear all these different elements that are really distinct on their own, come together in ways I can't even begin to understand, to create the most beautiful sounding piece. I could live off your remixes alone.

If I am ever to start remixing, you will be my master, and I will be your apprentice.

• 3 weeks later...

First off, great choice of source :-P Your happy style definitely shines brightest when you're working with a good original song such as this one.

You know I love when you incorporate non-synth elements into your chippy style of music, but you seem to be able to work in strings especially well. You did the same with your Kirby mix and I thought it just sounded fantastic :-)

This was one of my initial favorites from you when I heard it on R:TS - of course, lately I've heard some things from you that, frankly, blow this out of the water in terms of arrangement and production, but you did really well here and I still enjoy listening to it :-)

• 3 weeks later...

At the time that I downloaded this, I had kind of forgotten how the Outset Island theme went. I knew it was great, but I just couldn't quite remember how it went exactly. Needless to say, I was really happy at 1:01, when the lead melody came in for the first time; it all came rushing back to me :-D

You've done a really great job with this song. So great, in fact, that it is a contender for my personal "Best of 2009" playlist 8) which is, of course, the highest honour anyone's music can be bestowed with, as we all know. :-P

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the intro and how it "switches stations" to the main part. Ultimately, this feels like a retrograde, a call back to Zelda on 16/8 bit platforms. It's just a reminder to me that Zelda is just uncomplicated, non-serious fun.

Whenever I listen to this I get a mental image of WindWaker Link except with an N64 polygonal resolution. :razz:

This is just a plain and fun good times mix that comes highly recommended.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Another chipper chiptune from halc - I'm going back through all your remixes and getting any I haven't got already, including this little gem (rupee?). You do have a knack for picking great sources that just fit right into your style perfectly, and I think that's a huge advantage. Nase put it very well when he said:

Your remixes never scream 'OMG IM HAPPY AND YOU SHUD B 2'. They just infect you with their happiness
Again you've captured the essence of the source tune - the enthusiastic optimism of starting an adventure - and distilled it down into this upbeat-but-not-overly-saccharine remix, which is exactly what a good OCReMix should do! Awesome stuff, and thanks for being so prolific - I always look forward to your work. Can't wait for the Sound of Speed to drop :D

• 1 month later...

This song captures the mood of Outset Island really well and its fun to listen to. :) That should be all you need to justify downloading this song.

This is one of those odd cases where I listened to this remix well before hearing the actual music from the game. Its sort of a weird reversal. :)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it's been said several times before, but it also sums up how I feel about this ReMix. It's just way too fun to listen to. Halc's style is instantly recognizable, and it's hard for me to pick on things he puts out. This ReMix is happy and just lets the good feelings flow. Nicely done.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01917 - Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker "First Time on Outset"