OCR01929 - Castlevania III "Madd Forest"

djpretzel

Yet another interesting take - JM is just full of gold!

I find this one tough to really delve into the details of though, as the song shifts quite a bit, from the latin jazz intro to the more upbeat main progression. The main melody is used in smaller portions throughout the song, but each of those small portions are used according to the style very well.

I'm groovin'.

I have always enjoyed this source track, even though it often gets overshadowed by the other songs on the soundtrack, and it is really funked up here, to a pretty nice effect. The counter melodies and comping are very catchy, and the percussion is excellent. Great breakdown section, and the solos take it to the next level. Extra props for the Steve Winwood style synth lead.

Great stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This mix has such wonderful textures. There's just so much energy and speed here that one can't get bored with it; there's just way too much going on here. Also this, I dunno, just has a wonderfully rainy forest atmosphere to it, somehow... lol.

This is definitely one of my favorites from SotD and some of Morse's best work.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01929 - Castlevania III "Madd Forest"