OCR01149 - Mega Man X "Dreams Come True"

djpretzel

very well done. I was also really fond of the opening piano as well as the instrumental interlude at about 2:00. The lyrics are very well written and the harmony is great. I think that the TH's and the S's need to be articulated more in the singing-- they sounded kind of lisped. Very unique and adds a great new flavor to OCR. I'm liking the pop sound-- for some reason reminded me of the mighty mighty bosstones. Voice? Who knows. Great work Salzman. Keep away from the guides, kids. Stay in school.

Jeebus. This is fuckin' dope. I love the source tune, always have. Never did I think it could be ever be reborn into something this fantastic. Reminds me of crazy love ballads from the 80's I'm so fond of. I am too a fan of the piano arrangement with which the song starts. Damn good vocal work; two thumbs for how you sang "9.99". Lovin' the drums as well. Fantastic joint.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is the antidote to what poisons the site.

From the sea of mediocre half finished songs that got through somehow, through the sludge of rearranged midi files that utterly lack origionality, through the songs that use the sound of a big production to mask the fact that it sucks.

THIS song stands among the true ReMixes. It dares to be less than serious.It doesn't try to be the song that is extra philisophical, or about some serious thing. It is above that, it shows passion even in the small things of life. It doesnt sound big, it IS big, a true salute to the lieks of JAXX, kLuTz, and Dale North.

And now my rant is over. *****

• 1 year later...
:lol: I love the lyrics! "Remember it's not the end of the world when you lose all your continues, you can start all over again." ......or you can save the passwords so you DON'T spend an hour starting over agin. Anyone else find it odd that one of the lyrics is about being player 2 and this isn't a two-player game? Just too funny. Unlike a lot of vocal covers, this one finally seems to have one with someone with a decent voice. Great job on this one.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Reading through this massive review thread, I never knew there were so many poetry radicals in the videogame remixing community. Who would have thought?

I for one really enjoyed the lyrics and always feel relieved when lyrics aren't too heavy or overly cryptic. This is tonally light, comic stuff that definitely doesn't diminish my enjoyment of the mix; if anything it enhances it.

As with the lyrics, the music is a pretty light, poppy affair, but with deceptively robust production values. While I wouldn't say it would fool me into thinking it was at professional level, it does sound BORDERLINE professional. Star's voice is always dependable, and Protricity's Midas touch doesn't go unnoticed.

I really enjoy this mix. Lots of creativity and attention to detail; it's cheeky, fun and an effortless showcase of mixing/singing talent. Love it.

• 1 year later...

I listened to this song anew while walking to work this morning and really paid attention to the lyrics. These lyrics really feel like a metaphor for anything you endeavor to do in your life, and a reminder that failures are not the ends of life, and that you can start over again.

Lose all your continues in one game? Start another game. Come back to this one from the beginning at a later date; maybe it will go better. Same goes for other aspects of life. Lose your job? There are other jobs. Maybe you'll have a chance to do this one again; maybe you'll find a better one. Life did not end with it.

Think about this and listen to this song again sometime.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01149 - Mega Man X "Dreams Come True"
  • 4 years later...

I love this remix. It truly means a lot for me. Ten years ago, I used to listen to this all the time during commuting to college and work. I think it gave some meaning to all that stress and struggle I was going through at the time. Like the lyrics says, "Let's make our dreams come true / It's up to me and it may be up to you".

Listening to this again today now brings me back to those days. I have to hold back my tears when the Capcom logo sound plays, because that sound brings back all the feelings I had. It brings me back to my childhood, when I used to play Megaman X in the SNES with my dad. All those dreams I had and things I wanted to achieve. 

Awesome song. Thanks for motivating me all those years, Star

Edited by LeonMillan