Mega Man 1 - Cut Man Woodstock jam

Lie Mf B

EDIT:

This song is now finished as a Cutman + Outrun song and has a new thread:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=93097

Hello folks,

Here's the beginnings of a remix of Cut Man's theme from Mega Man 1.

It's played on guitar, organ, drums (on the keyboard) and bongos, and it's all in a Santana-esque style, sort of a guitar jam, á la 1969...

The guitar and organ during the melody part will be replaced with something tighter, but at least it's in the right style.

Most comments appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

img.php?fid=514

Download: http://ocrwip.fireslash.net/?fid=514

Source:

Edited by Lie Mf B
New version is up

Maybe I should have emphasised that this is only the first 1/3 of the song. The intro is long and gradual and doesn't aspire to any quick commercial goals. :)

There'll be a lot more of the actual Cut Man material coming -- so far this WIP only sets the feel and mood of the song. So if you dig the music in it so far, I'm happy.

Still very happy to get more comments if ya'll have any.

I like the way things sound, but (there's alwalys a but)

The source gets lost early on over that funky guitar. I hear it later on which makes it okay if you wanted to start with the riffs and stuff. To be fair, I'm not very famaliar with the source, I'm sure it'd be easier for someone to identify it right of if they were. The riffs are cool, they just don't seem to compliment the source I guess is what I'm saying. Consider really laying out the source early on, then playing with some of the neat stuff.

To be honest though, I have that criticism about professional bands and guitar solos. Okay, so you can shred for 3 minutes and ignore the song, not impressed. My opinion.

Drums and bass sound great. Maybe tweak the EQ of the bass a bit to really make it growl more on those low notes. Gotta be sure if you extend this a bit more that you vary the drums a wee bit.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

I hear ya. Far from everybody likes "jam" music, and even I prefer shorter to-the-point songs most of the time. But with this tune, I'm going for that loose jam style, and I'm not aiming for an OCRemix release anyway; it will probably be an album track in the future.

Actually, I was mostly concerned about the drums and bass, that they'd sound bad and/or not tight enough. So I'm really glad you liked that part. (I will try to beef up the bass a little and vary the drums enough.)

If anyone has differing opinions, I'd love to hear 'em.

• 3 years later...