OCR01937 - Mega Man 3 "Ravaging Reptile"

djpretzel

oh hey I still have the WIP for this one, but who needs it now! Nice work, what variation there is from the source works well, and the source is still present enough to not be totally alienated.

The distorted Mega Man sound-effects were a really nice touch, Mega Man fans won't want to miss this one!

Very bouncy and active. For some reason the drumline kind of reminded me of Feel Good Inc. at the beginning...don't know why really *scratches head*.

The "retro solo" (I guess you could call it that) near the end was some stellar stuff.

Excellent job :<

So catchy. I eagerly await 2:30 every time I listen to this remix (alright, so I've had it on repeat for the past few days). It's sort of a parallel to the transition to the second half of Fallen Dragoon where cello and chip are in unison or whatever - I love both transitions, and probably for the emotions brought about by strings.

everything seems so laboriously and lovingly put into this.. even the sfx added. all of it is excellent.

This mix feels a lot more aggressive than the FFIV mixes that I've recently come to love, which is a nice change for you. It hearkens back to some of your older mixes. The really powerful snare adds a lot to that effect.

Not my favorite from AeroZ (need moar cello plz!) but still a solid effort and a nice change of pace from his most recent FFIV songs.

RETRO. Those sounds are so satisfying to me. The FX and modulation and all that crap are really nice, and tastefully done. There are places where I feel like the arrangement could have gone to grander places cause of the epic source (cuz I love MM3!). This mix is more about being a sort of RET ROW groove where every chippy sound gets its super modulated say, and that's more important here than building on or emphasizing some of the melodic ideas in the source to greater heights. I would've liked it if he did more of the latter but it's AeroZ's mix, not mine, and he does his thing really well.

KeWL STUFF!

Fun, funky, and really just true to the original. Love the chiptune-retro route you went with here. Normally the sound effects from the game being added in end up being obtrusive, but you blended them here very well so it's more amusing rather than annoying. Which is good.

I enjoyed this piece quite a bit. Thanks for making it!

I really like the feel of this mix; it has a down low, streamlined, speedy, Mission Impossible techno beat to it. That plus the chip tune feel makes for an interesting listen to.

I also like how this is highly melody driven, yet manages to pass it around, tinker with it, and keep it flowing differently.

This is a really good mix; I totally recommend it.

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01937 - Mega Man 3 "Ravaging Reptile"