OCR01942 - Super Mario Bros. "Bros with Dix"

djpretzel

I really enjoyed this, though my heart pines for more of the stereotypical corny flat-out dixieland style. Heard this while doing the last episode of OCAD (anyone want a remix of something just using soundbytes of Jade saying "dicks" and bLiNd saying "balls"?), and it really caught me off-guard. You really do love infusing all of your songs with a light-hearted and fun-feeling atmosphere. It's a wonderful counterpoint to other serious mixes, though serious is good I think we just have an abundance of it.

Now sub Turtle Wank, already! THAT song is still stuck in ze head after listening to it on NGI. Though I'm not sure if it's considered too cover-ish to be an OCR song, it's definitely worthy in my perspective to be placed right next to Bros with Dix. Hmm..."Bros with Dix" and "Turtle Wank"....I SEE VAT YOU DEED THER!

Awwwesome. I can't stop listening to this, it's really great. This is such a fluid Mix, and there's always something really cool going on at all times.

Much love goes to the all-over-the-place bass; on that note, I also think the instruments/samples sound great as is, but I do agree with Metroidfan 10 in that it could totally be taken to a whole other level with real instruments.

But as it stands, it's great... this one is sure to get many, many more listens from me, definitely.

Oh yeah, this is groovin' & jammin'

Whenever I hear this I get déjà vu; I can't shake the feeling I've heard this before....

This is only the latest in an ever growing list of mixes I'd love to see performed live.

It really has a larger than life feel to it and just loud proud good time music. Its constantly flowing, moving, grooving, covering new territory, and keeping the listener on their toes. This is so going to my jazz playlist.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is incredible. Took me a while to realize it wasn't live.

I was little confused at first when the song started, because I hadn't expected to hear music from SML. The writeup doesn't mention it and nowhere on the page does it say this remix contains music from any other game than SMB (other than the songs list, which don't say anything about which games the songs are from, only the song names). The name of this thread, however, lists all the games. Weird.

Anyway, back on topic, awesome job. :nicework::nicework::nicework:

Yea, threw me off also thinking that too.

Great song, awesome work

• 1 year later...

You can't help but grin when you hear this. So much passion and life in this. Fun doesn't even fully describe how much enjoyment listener's will get from this. The playing/sequencing is flawless and bring some average samples to life. Superb writing and sequencing make this cheeky number unforgettable. Download it now as its just amazing.

• 3 years later...

The title is actually a VERY bad pun, though it doesn't supposed to be a pun... :tomatoface: But the track is awesome. It's my favorite Mario remix <3 This is so playful and bouncy. I'm big fan of brass and it doesn't disappoint here. The other instrumentation is also fine: sweet piano licks, crunchy percussion, some guitar injections and funky acoustic bass works greatly. That chippy break at 1:06 is nice and the section after it is probably the best here. I also like how Josh incorporated the Underground BGM - while still sounding quite serious, it perfectly fits this cheerful piece of work.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01942 - Super Mario Bros. "Bros with Dix"