• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 djpretzel

djpretzel

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 8,717 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia, USA
  • Software - Preferred Plugins/Libraries:[Plugins]: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Trilian, Battery, Reaktor, Sylenth1, Zebra2, Hive, Alchemy [Libraries]: Spitfire Albion & BML Series, Heavyocity, Impact Soundworks

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:22 AM

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

#2 Kodeir`

Kodeir`

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSitting on the communist throne, eating a nacho

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:39 AM

I feel honored to post first or near first depending on when I finish this. Very well done, I like the relaxed charm of this mix - hope to see another from you soon :D

#3 Bahamut

Bahamut

Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA, United States

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:42 AM

Whoa, this sounds nice, but one thing - is that guitar fake?
Liontamer: AND THEY HAVE A PLAYPLACE

#4 UltimaAvatar

UltimaAvatar

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 944 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 06:16 AM

nice...cool remix of the theme. guitar hits a little strong and the beats sound a little poppy, but its still good. wow, that 2:10 is what i like, i was going to say it was missing something but damn, just what the doctor ordered. you know this probably could sound something off of trigun with the right instruments....i guess because i just got done watching the show....but really cool. nice work!

#5 reelmojo

reelmojo

Chrono (+3000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWauseon, Ohio

Posted 22 April 2004 - 06:50 AM

First off, the percussion and acoustic guitar parts are incredible. At first I thought the electric guitar was going to kill it for me because it just sounds like there wasn't enough time and practice put into it to really get it down, but it still works. The transition at 2:10 it probably my favorite part too. I expected the drums to come back in again at 3:16 and they didn't... great job on keeping me guessing. Overall I really like it. I just might end up borrowing the bucket idea too. :wink:
Posted Image

#6 Mostly

Mostly

Snacks'N Jaxson (+1)

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:00 AM

I really like this one... made me smile the instant the buckets came in.

#7 Iced Earth

Iced Earth

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:05 AM

Wow this is a very good remix, it has a very unique sound and the drums sound amazing, the acoustic guitar is played to perfection. This is one of the best remixes of this song I have heard in a long while. Very nice.

It definitely earns a 4 out of 5.

#8 The Orichalcon

The Orichalcon

Delta-Q-Delta Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,396 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:35 AM

Whether or not that guitar is real, it sounds awful.

Not my type of piece at all. The percussions sounds like lots of clipping to me.

Nah, I prefer the original.
Posted Image
"Big Money, Big Women, Big Fun. You son of a bitch." - Sips

#9 Snyderman

Snyderman

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:37 AM

The percussion wasn't bad, but I didn't like the effect. The percussion had a strange way of being stereo, it didn't sound very fitting. It might just be me, but it sounds like certain things are panned hard to the right or left, versus being even throughout.

Overall not a bad remix, but then again, it IS another Final Fantasy 7 remix. I really wish people would stay away from game hot spots (FF6/7, Sonic 3 Ice Cap, Streets of Rage 2, etc...) and remix more obscure games.

#10 NoWave

NoWave

Pac-Man (+500)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:13 AM

I'm not a fan of this mix I'm afraid. The distorted guitar really spoiled it for me.
"Overall ‘ The Hallowed has always occupied the Hollow’ is a strong first release from a promising new band who are pushing the boundaries of the Dundee experimental scene. 4/5" - Ragnarok Radio
http://bergenstmusic.yolasite.com

#11 MasterLionheart

MasterLionheart

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationGrand Ledge, Mi

Posted 22 April 2004 - 10:29 AM

I'm not a fan of this mix I'm afraid. The distorted guitar really spoiled it for me.

I agree the distortion guitar ruined it.

#12 SabreDeBlade

SabreDeBlade

Glass Joe (+10)

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:59 PM

In a way, it sounds almost like Aerieth's theme gone Crystal Chronicals! It also seems to have some "Blilnk 182" flavor to it with the heavy bass and and guitars. It's very different and a nice change of pace! :D

#13 ToeJam

ToeJam

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:53 PM

I somehow likened it to the song 'Layla'. The original song conveys so much emotion, and like 'Layla' (the original one), the guitar (non-accoustic) gave it a lot of feeling. Good Job!

#14 Kodeir`

Kodeir`

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSitting on the communist throne, eating a nacho

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:15 PM

anyways to be alittle more clear as to why I liked it. My entire playlist doesn't have a song this layed back...or have a song near close to sounding like it. Which makes it enjoyable, unique, and overall a good remix by my book. Also the guitar seems to have the same quality as the ProjectX guitar - not the same distortion but the same measure in quality. So quit bitching :P Also comeparable with the pitch given in the RedXIII remix by AmIEvil - which was better delived but its not like the guitar in this sucks because a few things might be better

#15 Sockatume

Sockatume

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:56 PM

It's really, really good in most areas, but that guitar carrying the melody just totally murders it IMO. :(
No kidding!!! What do you say at this point?

#16 Warren

Warren

Mudkip (+150)

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 22 April 2004 - 04:08 PM

Whether or not that guitar is real, it sounds awful.

Not my type of piece at all. The percussions sounds like lots of clipping to me.

Nah, I prefer the original.

I agree. :|

#17 xs0luti0n9x

xs0luti0n9x

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 05:05 PM

as others said, the distortion kinda ruined it.. it was kinda dirty-sounding really.. and it took away from the original feeling of the song

edit: however, the acoustic background is GREAT :)

the bassline hits me
nice synths passing through my ears
it just blows my mind

- "The Rave" by me

#18 GregHead

GregHead

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:33 PM

The guitar is just a bit too screechy and loud. this remix is a lot more lively though, a major plus.

#19 Vestiges Vargos

Vestiges Vargos

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationBristol, England.

Posted 22 April 2004 - 07:50 PM

You people commenting on the distortion have obviously never played using a distortion pad, it is so hard to get right, this remix is great, i like the whole spanish feel to it, very layed back and mellow.

great job.
Posted Image

#20 Bahamut

Bahamut

Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,858 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA, United States

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:46 PM

Overall not a bad remix, but then again, it IS another Final Fantasy 7 remix. I really wish people would stay away from game hot spots (FF6/7, Sonic 3 Ice Cap, Streets of Rage 2, etc...) and remix more obscure games.

You can't even compare FF7 to FF6 - it's just not on that level.

And as for the song, yes, that guitar is my main complaint about this song - otherwise it's pretty good.
Liontamer: AND THEY HAVE A PLAYPLACE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums