OCR01163 - Final Doom "Memoriam"

djpretzel

this is , in my opinion better than the ff7 remix. Very very nice. Im going to get picked to peices because i said that, but yeah this is amazing, and dont worry, only reason u only have 4 replys to this is because its title isnt "FF _____". Very very very good piano/downtempo mix.

Very nicely done, and I don't say that just because I'm partial to Doom, but it's an excellent rendition of Final Doom's best piece (IMO). Although, some of the new level music is good listening as well. Perhaps this track stuck out more because the original version was one of the most depressing midis I've ever heard, and I like what has been done to spice it up. :)

I Really love the sound of your remixes Red Light, and youve gotten me a lot more interested in the Final Doom soundtrack. All of this comes together very well with the piano and the strings, with the light base. It almost sounds like a heartbeat. I'm a big fan of the depressing music, and I just hope you keep great songs like this coming. 9.9/10, because perfection doesnt exist.

This has to be one of the best songs on OCR that I have heard this far, all the while I played Final Doom on my PC, I almost always had this song playing, and now you kicked it up like 5 notches. I thank you for taking a true classic and making it come out so wonderful, I can feel the song as it flows with all the different transitions. It's ppl like you that do great and keep the "old school" gaming songs alive. Thanks again.

Now this is a great track. Great samples. Very high quality. The guitar sounds very Silent Hill-like in expression. That's a definite bonus, since I love the Silent Hill soundtracks a lot (2 being my favorite).

Great job on this. Really great stuff. A winner is you!

This is doom??? Wow, you've really changed the mood. If i heard this somewhere random i'd never know. That doesn't mean thats it doesn't have any original melody to it, but man, it's completely different than what i expected, i really should have read more closey to what djp was talking about.

With that little rant out (or whatever that is) this is truely nice. Great job, it seems to short to me but when i look at it's length time;(3:49) ,that sounds about right, must mean it's that good and i want to listen more i guess. Great job. Sleep deprivation never sounded so good.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This is doom??? Wow, you've really changed the mood. If i heard this somewhere random i'd never know. That doesn't mean thats it doesn't have any original melody to it, but man, it's completely different than what i expected, i really should have read more closey to what djp was talking about.

This was the credits music, it's meant to sound really sad and DjRedlight did a magnificent job in capturing the emotion of this piece.

The level music in doom is eerie, hardcore and sad all rolled into one. The credits music was always sad though. Remember the victory music from doom 1?

• 1 month later...

This is quite simply a beautiful piece. I can close my eyes and my senses to everything but the music and I get goosebumps. The first time I heard it(when it was first posted, in fact), I was blown away. That feeling still hasn't gone, and the piece still blows me away each time I listen to it. It's simply amazing just how much this piece manages to retain it's magic throughout and even after, as the somber mood carries on long after the silence begins.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01163 - Final Doom "Memoriam"