OCR01953 - Mega Man "Cut Man's Lullaby"

djpretzel

Reminds me of a Wild West shoot out, e.g. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly etc., except garnished with a few modern rock flourishes.

This might have something to do with the fact that I'm currently reading the Dark Tower series though ... :<

Still I like the dire seriousness and the wasteland-esque desolation underpinning this mix. Its unique atmosphere and style makes this highly recommended.

Edit:

It's like slow trip-hop mixed with bits of Old West.

Ha. Beat me to it. lol

Definitely digging the old west style. More remixes need to be done in this style.

Even though it feels like it's at an incredibly slow tempo, it really doesn't feel too long or boring. I love the acoustic guitar lead and the reverby screaming electric guitar in the background. They play well together.

I'm more of an electronica producer but here's my 2 cents nonetheless:

Not bad. I like the lone ranger, dustball in the wind vibe here. That said, I just feel like it could have been taken up a notch tempo-wise and perhaps gone a bit more country western; like John Wayne era. (not country music, I mean like the music in classic western films)

But, you did think to take it this direction. SO cowboy hats off for that. :nicework:

Too new for me to have digested it yet, but I'm feeling the old west vibe. This brings up a lot of weird images of my least favorite parts of movies, the sad parts where the girl has gone off with another guy, or you just lost your job, your home, and your dog; or when you return home to find the house empty and nobody there; or when you're hitchhiking in the rain in the middle of nowhere and nobody stops... or even comes by. Well done capturing an emotion I try to avoid. I am so not listening to this ever again. :P

Having been listening to the Gun.Smoke remix lately, I can immediately hear the spaghetti western feel in this, and it works really well. I like how this has been slowed down to a sort of somber remembrance track. I think the guitars are especially nice.

I'm not entirely digging the harmonica sound used for the lead, but it's not so bad that I can't enjoy the track. Great work.

"I wasn't always just Cut-man you know! I used to tend the gardens at the hospital, and grew beautiful flowers to inspire patients back to health.

They used to come back after they got better to say thanks, and I'd get free oil. The people loved me, and I loved them. But then Dr Wily forced me to do bad, otherwise....*sniff*...otherwise he said he'd kill all my patients.

Please Megaman, let me live, I'll do good from now on, I'll stand u..."

Megaman says.

"Sry guy, need cut to beet elecman lol. kthxbainao!"

Good remix. It made think the above.

Not the style I'm used to ilp0 going for, but I guess I can dig it nonetheless :-) The subtler uses of the harmonica and marimba provide some pretty nice touches along with the more straightforward lead instruments.

Overall the arrangement/sound doesn't seem as sophisticated or expansive as I've grown accustomed to, but it feels like an appropriate, restrained take on the Cutman theme.

Great album :-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Very sad sounding, almost like a forlorn tribute more than a lullaby. I barely caught the western sound of some of it, but I hear it. Some of the production seems just a little bit sharp, but that's doesn't really bug me. And other than that, this is a great ReMix. Nice harmony with the harmonica.

• 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01953 - Mega Man "Cut Man's Lullaby"