OCR01993 - *YES* Mega Man Zero 2 'Moving Forward' *RESUB*

big giant circles

Original Decision - http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25493

Source stuff in the original decision thread.

I think this addresses the bulk of my primary concerns. The mixing isn't quite flawless, but again, I think it fits the context really well. And the newer version seems like it's reduced quite a bit of the clutter from it's predecessor.

It's a nasty dirty sounding remix that bears lots of energy in a pretty cool way.

I'm pretty ok with it.

YES

Like Jimmy said the production still has some flaws. The guitar tones sound a bit too wide and sloppy at times, couple that with the sheer volume and how upfront they are and it's not all that it could've been. The vocals are handled pretty damn well, most growling always gets destroyed by extreme distortion or similar but I thought these worked well. The lead guitar also sounded a bit sloppy, that chorus only made it worse imo.

Overall though, this track certainly does it for me. Arrangement was a decent personalization of the sources and had some great energy. Production might not have been all that but it's certainly not bad, rather the other way around! Good resub :)

YES

I still feel that the lead playing is sloppy in spots, and that the tone is a little too dry, but a lot of production issues I had with the first sub have been fixed, and some of the breakdown sections really worked. Excellent synths there. Arrangement was creative, and the subtle (and the sometimes extreme) panning on some elements was very cool. Nice attention to detail.

Vocals were great. That Mega Man is one angry guy! :o

There are definitely some improvements that can be made overall for additional subs, but this is a snarling and raw mix that works pretty well.

YES