Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

I can't speak for every remixer, but I tried my best to produce WIPs for a wide array of projects. If people are interested in a project, they will probably help it. You can't really "force" people to help a project they're not necessarily interested in. Having "too many projects" is just a way to give people more variety, and a chance to work on something that they love. If they end up loving 5+ projects, then that's fine.

Granted, my status is probably a lot different than most remixers. I can put hours and hours into remixing every day, and I usually finish something I'm focusing on within a day or two. But I still think variety is a great thing, even if people are very busy. If they're not making progress in a project, they can step down, and someone else who is interested can take their place.

I could go on, about how people should be more accepting of new musicians coming to OCR, and things such as that, but I know nobody wants to hear it. Still, there's hundreds... thousands... of bands and musicians out there that might want to take a crack at a song or two. Just because they're not posted here, or don't have a rep, doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to audition for any project they want.

As for removing claims for multiple-track people... Sorry about that. Seemed like a good way to proceed with things, and it seems to have raised the productivity of people who are devoted to the music. This is also a call to anyone who hasn't claimed yet, steal the track you want now before it's too late. ;)

@Josh Whelchel: You claimed something else before Immoral Melody, and I knew your main interest was in your initial selection. I hope I didn't cross any lines by personally choosing which track you have claimed. If you wish to change your selection, you are more than welcome to do so.

Thanks. ^_^

FFIX is my all time favorite Final Fantasy game. I wish I had the skill to provide a song for this. I'm willing to pump out some lyrics for anyone doing anything singy though. (You do not want me to sing for this, I am a dying whale with a tracheotomy)

I call MOFOin' Terra! I make it good! I Promise!!!!

Yeah... claims are going faster than japanese hotcakes, and the people who had to do auditions are scrambling to get WIPs in just to ensure that they keep their claims. In the case of LuIza, I wanted to double-check with Fishy first so there was an extra night's delay on me re-adding her claims. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

If it makes you feel any better, LuketheXjesse gave Terra away even though he knew it was my favorite before the project was even announced. :)

I hope that my contribution to this worthwhile endeavor will be cover art. I don't know what I'm going with for the time being but I'll do what i can if i can come up with anything I'll post it. I'm not that solid an artist but i should be able to come up with something of acceptable quality.

Yeah... claims are going faster than japanese hotcakes, and the people who had to do auditions are scrambling to get WIPs in just to ensure that they keep their claims. In the case of LuIza, I wanted to double-check with Fishy first so there was an extra night's delay on me re-adding her claims. I am sorry for the inconvenience.

If it makes you feel any better, LuketheXjesse gave Terra away even though he knew it was my favorite before the project was even announced. :)

But considering who he gave it to, I don't think you should complain because it will be amazing. :-P

I would like to get some opinions from remixers who are attached, as well as fellow directors and co-directors as to what initial deadline you would find most reasonable for everyone involved right now. I'd like it to be a substantial WIP deadline if possible. That means WIPs that are around half-completed and fairly polished. Let me know what you think. :)