Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

Hot damn, one awesome surprise after another. As much as I'd want to contribute I may have to much on my plate. Hopefully we'll also see FF8 somewhere down the road. It is too bad however we're not prioritizing on finishing some of the other projects first (aka SD3).

Hot damn, one awesome surprise after another. As much as I'd want to contribute I may have to much on my plate. Hopefully we'll also see FF8 somewhere down the road. It is too bad however we're not prioritizing on finishing some of the other projects first (aka SD3).

This is something I've thought as well too - I'd like to see more people try to dedicate their efforts towards some existing projects, as the increase in projects is more prone to creating burnout in some people, as well as endangering most projects into collapse due to taking people and throwing priorities out of sync. (Just a side note about the MMX series one - I had that started several months ago, and asked probably over 50 people in getting it started, mostly people not involved with many other projects & even outside the normal OCR community proper)

For the record, I do want to help existing projects with whatever I can and do try in some ways most don't see, and probably will try to spend more time doing so once I get more on top of my existing ones in the next few days.

But one thing I wanted to comment on here and I think it's worth addressing since I've heard a lot of displeasure with this announcement while at MAGFest - Oinkness as the one heading such a massive project. There's a bunch of people I've heard express a lot of skepticism about it being done right, and some even outright refusing to join it run by just him. Perhaps if something like this is to continue with the bar desired from something like this, it would be good to have a co-director who can help ensure things are run at a high level. I'm not nominating myself mind you, although I did express a desire to run an FF9 project about a half a year ago while I was playing the game, but I think it's a point worth addressing after known events that have happened to earn people's distrust.

Can I just say, I checked out everyone on the list who's name you might not recognize, they're all bad dudes who can rescue the princess (DoD guys).

It was me who requested their participation. My only regret is that I couldn't snag more of them.

I even tried to get the late great

to join in, but he's pretty busy right now, unfortunately.

Yeah, sorry. There must be something else in all those tracks you like though :P?

Oh and btw, all you need to know about "Sum Noob" is that they is dark and mysterious and will reveal themselves when you least expect it, destroying the planet in the process.

I'd just like to throw out a claim for Kuja's Theme. Will be sending an audition piece your way ASAP, Fishy. :<

Cool.

Nice to see the next FF project getting off the ground. FF9 was an ambitious soundtrack (especially if you count Plus) so that makes this an ambitious project, especially given the timing of so many projects already going on. It's a safe bet that we'll be waiting a while for this one, but FF9's soundtrack is definitely ready for the OCR-treatment.

I can't wait to see what people come up with, I always like to mention a few tracks I'm psyched for, and in this case I am going to say "Awakened Forest", "The Chosen Summoner", and "Esto Gaza" (man Esto Gaza could be so smooth, someone do it justice please!).

Good point about the Melodies of Life themes, like 5 songs on the OST are basically that same melody, including the world map. That should make for some good genre-jumping potential though.

May your creative juices flow quickly!