Final Fantasy IX: Worlds Apart - History

Fishy

Me too, dude. This is a massive deal for me.

I remember a lifetime ago coming across Kate's version of Beatrix's Rose Of May theme and being blown away, finding OCR through that, then eventually this project.

Now, several years later, I get to appear alongside Kate and a few of my other remix heroes (Dan Floyd especially - can't wait to see what you've done dude!).

I hope it's all as good as I want it to be :)

Me too, dude. This is a massive deal for me.

I remember a lifetime ago coming across Kate's version of Beatrix's Rose Of May theme and being blown away, finding OCR through that, then eventually this project.

Now, several years later, I get to appear alongside Kate and a few of my other remix heroes (Dan Floyd especially - can't wait to see what you've done dude!).

I hope it's all as good as I want it to be :)

I've seen posts like this before, and I simply don't understand it. Is the album a compilation album of year-old songs, or is it a new album with new songs?

Has Kate's version existed on OC Remix for a long time, or? :)

"The Rose General" predates this album's recruitment launch by half a year.  IanFitC mentions it simply to point out how he found the website at large thanks to stumbling onto that track, if I'm reading that correctly, and isn't implying that the song is on the album.  No album OCR has ever put out has just been old stuff; everything is always produced anew specifically for the album.  It's always a new album with new songs.  Admittedly, since this project first started five and a half years ago (geez!), you can't accurately call some of the tracks on here "new" anymore, but still.

There's some rare exceptions where a track posted to the front page will later end up on an album, but in all of those cases, it's tracks that were already on the album, and they got posted early as a teaser of sorts, such as these three examples.

"The Rose General" predates this album's recruitment launch by half a year.  IanFitC mentions it simply to point out how he found the website at large thanks to stumbling onto that track, if I'm reading that correctly, and isn't implying that the song is on the album.  No album OCR has ever put out has just been old stuff; everything is always produced anew specifically for the album.  It's always a new album with new songs.  Admittedly, since this project first started five and a half years ago (geez!), you can't accurately call some of the tracks on here "new" anymore, but still.

There's some rare exceptions where a track posted to the front page will later end up on an album, but in all of those cases, it's tracks that were already on the album, and they got posted early as a teaser of sorts, such as these three examples.

Exactly.

Apologies for the confusion.

Getting pretty excited for this now, my body is ready. Is yours?

I was born ready.

Ah I haven't seen 8 Bit Theater in YEARS. Now I have to go re-read the entire comic and hope it is still just as funny.

Anyway I'm beyond excited for this. I will be listening to it ALL DAY at work tomorrow and probably for the rest of the week! Any ideas on what time of day the album will drop? Or is that a surprise(or for maximum branding potential going with 9 o clock)? :D