OCR01172 - Secret of Mana "Return to Elysian Lands"

Beautiful. Epic. I could listen to this song forever. It has the power to conjure such images and the momentum carries me away everytime i listen to it. Immpeccably made. I am very fond of the strings, especially when there is a simple chord between a lower sound and an upper sound. Extremely impressive, Nigel.

• 2 years later...
Agrees with pretzel and Rimfrost, this can as easy as pie be the music to the movie of this game.

Agreed. This is worthy of being on the big screen, and I can't believe this mix has been hidden away in the archives of OCR for so long.

Very calming, peaceful, deep and complicated, sweepingly majestic, very awesome and a must download. Awesome indeed. :-)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Great use of dynamics/volume and the varied instrumentation of an orchestra. I think the quieter tone works well for this mix, especially with the title. The ending feels off; it feels more like a transition to another scene/song in a film (like a door opening to somewhere important). Good orchestral mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01172 - Secret of Mana "Return to Elysian Lands"