OCR01200 - *YES* Legend of Zelda 'Into the Golden Sunset'

djpretzel

Greetings djpretzel,

I'm a new ReMixer and here's my first submission.

Name/Alias: BogusRed

(at this time please don't post my email address, thanx)

Song name: Into the Golden Sunset

From: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past song plays in game when: The song that plays during the credits when you see the triforce rotating and it shows your number of deaths, etc.

download URL:

I'm sorry that I don't have a fancy sound card (just a regular Sound Blaster Live) to make the piano sound more like a piano . I recorded this on my electric piano (not a keyboard) through MIDI and then used iTunes to convert it. Let me know if you like and I'll send you more.

-Susie - BogusRed

Problem with playing live on a non-touch responce keyboard is that you end up with this kinda static velocity on each note creating a rather amateur feel. Same goes for the lack of sustain pedals.

This song needs to be played on live piano, or touch responce keyboard, and a better font wouldn't hurt.

NO

Well, the font is indeed better, however there is still a lack in dynamics due to constant level of velocities. Nevertheless it is very well hidden now.

Much Much better. Next time use touch responce.

YES

Just received this PM from the mixer today, on May 20, 2004.

Hi DarkeSword, this is BogusRed.

I submitted Into the Golden Sunset from Zelda 3 and my song is on the list of "TO BE JUDGED." I re-re-arranged my song today and uploaded it. (I also reuploaded it yesturday with a better soundfont but the arrangement was the same as my first submission.) I sent an email to djpretzel to tell him too. If changing the song is against the rules, then put me back at the end of the line/que.

The reason I'm telling YOU is because I don't know if you or the other judges have listened to it yet. You see where I'm going with this? You guys would be judging two different songs and probably have conflicting decisions/comments.

If any of you have listened to it, new one is 10 times better than the first. Sorry for putting this on you but after hearing Noir's FF7 Jenova piano piece I had to change mine.

I hope this sorts things out. Thanks DarkeSword.

-BogusRed

Shall we relisten and revote?

I'm hearing a lot of clipping in the file, along with seriously low-fi recording. I've checked as many versions as I could find of this, and heard noticeable, distracting clipping each time. If it's a problem with my rig, I can't find it. Can I get a second opinion?

NO (until later)

UPDATE 5/25/04 -

The resubmitted version contains no clipping and is encoded better. The arrangement was never a problem. Mixed a bit soft, but that can be normalized or amplified. No biggy.

YEAA!!

-D

Okay, low-fi sound. This is probably a prologue that'll segue into crisp, bright piano.

One minute passed.

Two minutes passed.

Three minutes passed.

Four minutes passed.

Guess not.

This arrangement excels, but the recording is much too low-fi and distorted; with clipping like at 1:12, I can't pass this. The dirty production works stylistically to a degree, but not throughout the entire piece.

NO

I'm hearing a lot of clipping in the file, along with seriously low-fi recording. I've checked as many versions as I could find of this, and heard noticeable, distracting clipping each time. If it's a problem with my rig, I can't find it. Can I get a second opinion?

-D

Only actual clipping occurs at 1:12 and is not very noticeable, unless you listen for it.

Perhaps we can get a version that fixes that blemish.

Greetings again Ari,

Oi, thank you so much for telling me instead of rejecting it. I redid it and I'm sure there is no clipping in it now (look for "Revised 5.24.04" in the comment field of the ID3v2 tag). I was able to look for the clipping by both using head phones (Thanks for that tip ^.~) and looking at the graphical sound waves. The song is just a tad quieter than before.

I'm sorry if I've slowed down the judging process but now that I know more about what I'm doing, my next recording shouldn't be a problem. Anyway, I really appreciate your patience and the patience of all the other judges.

Thank you to all the OC ReMix judges!

-BogusRed