OC ReMix @ PAX East!

Liontamer

Friday, March 26 to Sunday, March 28

Hynes Convention Center, Boston, MA

http://www.paxsite.com/paxeast/

Not everyone can go to Seattle, that's understandable. But PAX kicks so much ass, they had to bring it to the east coast to let us Easterners who can't sit on a plane for 5 hours check it out. :-)

OCR joins the inaugural PAX East in Boston for our 2nd PAX panel!

PANEL!

OverClocked ReMix: Video Game Music Community

309 - Jamspace

Sunday, March 28th, 10:30am

Join djpretzel & the staff of OverClocked ReMix as they cover the ins and outs of http://ocremix.org, a website dedicated to remixing your favorite video game music! There'll be trivia, prizes, stories about the development of the soundtrack to Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, news about current and upcoming album projects (Donkey Kong Country 2!), and information on how you can get involved and start remixing video game music yourself!

Panelists Include: djpretzel, Liontamer, Palpable, zircon

Representing OC ReMix:

• djpretzel ("Warp me to Halifax!")
  • Bahamut
  • diotrans
  • DragonAvenger
  • José the Bronx Rican
  • Liontamer ("My van's in pieces")
  • Palpable
  • Vigilante
  • zircon ("Watch me eat four-hundred fifty ******* hard-boiled eggs")

SCHEDULE!

hdr.png

Reposting in correct thread

If you're thinking about going to Boston for PAX East, know this: A good chunk of the Magfest crew will be representin', and in fact...

We will be running JAMSPACE at PAX. That's right, we are doing a full on, legit Jamspace in our own room at the convention center. It's going to be awesome.

I put a bunch of details up here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=107382

-Dom

While I'm not the biggest fan of being hijacked, I'll go ahead and repost my info here:

Welp, I just bought and printed my 3-day pass, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to be there. I had also submitted a panel, but unfortunately it was not accepted for this year. But this does mean I know that panels have been chosen. Is OCR among them, and if not, is the group still planning on going? For how many days?

In terms of transportation, Boston is the hub of many bus and train stops. I will probably take Boltbus, which is good for those in the New York, Philly, or DC areas, or anyone who can get there a day or so ahead. Amtrak is good for those coming from a more southerly East Coast location. Otherwise, flight will get you there. But book tickets soon - there will likely be a mass easterly migration for this thing.

They have also talked about hotels (which I won't be staying in - I have friends in the area) so you can check those out.

I have not been to a PAX before - only MAGFest and Otakon. Which would you say it's closer to? Who's already thinking about a Friday's run?

It's over 2 months away, but if Blind and Jade can plan a meetup for August now, we can certainly start this. Hope to see you there!

I vote for something nicer than Friday's - I'm getting kinda tired of it

:-( .

I'm sure Jill knows of some nice restaurants in Boston - give us a hand here!

So I will buy my badge likely tonight or tomorrow - I decided since the iPad sounds so tempting, I'll spend the $ on PAX East instead so I don't go impulse buying it. I'm also going to look into booking a flight in the next month or so. Does anyone know anything about hotel arrangements for this, or hotels in the area? Also, is there a possibility of someone picking me up from the airport and/or easy way to get to the place where everything is happening from the airport?

There is public transportation to/from the event that can get you pretty close to the convention center and several hotels right in the area around it. I'm not sure quite how long it would take, but if it is too long or prohibitive with your luggage shoot me a pm. I live in the area and get out of class that Thursday night at 645 pm, after that I can help out folks with some rides from/to the airport.

I read on the website that discounts are possible for groups of 10 or more people, so I got in contact with Robert Khoo. He said we would get 10% off, making registration $45 instead of $50. (The offer is only for 3-day badges.) I also asked if people from our group who have already pre-registered could get a $5 refund - affirmative, as long as we have their confirmation numbers and email addresses.

So, my advice would be to go ahead and register for now, just to be safe, and I will turn in a master list with the names later on, so more people can get in on it. Dave, Larry, Andy, and myself probably won't count towards that 10-or-more list since panelists get in for free, so we've still gotta find more recruits! ;-)

Make sure to post in this thread if/when you've registered, so we can keep track!

We will be running JAMSPACE at PAX. That's right, we are doing a full on, legit Jamspace in our own room at the convention center. It's going to be awesome.

I put a bunch of details up here:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=107382

-Dom

Yay!

We're going to be in Boston. Why is Friday's the first thing come to mind? Hynes is reasonable walking distance of both Newbury Street and the Prudential Center, and a short subway trip to Quincy Market, the Waterfront, Fenway, and Allston. I'll happily lead the way if anyone is looking to go to a bar or restaurant.... assuming I end up going, which I do think I will.

We're going to be in Boston. Why is Friday's the first thing come to mind?

Heh, Friday's comes from a tradition started at MAG 6, when 40+ of us went to the local Fridays and took up a whole wing of the restaurant.

I read on the website that discounts are possible for groups of 10 or more people, so I got in contact with Robert Khoo. He said we would get 10% off, making registration $45 instead of $50. (The offer is only for 3-day badges.) I also asked if people from our group who have already pre-registered could get a $5 refund - affirmative, as long as we have their confirmation numbers and email addresses.

Do you need me to PM my confirmation # to you?

I would love to attend PAX East. But in all seriousness, I don't think I'll have the money. At least, not for the hotel. If I knew which day the OCR panel would be, I'd just take a train up to Boston for that one day, just to get a taste of PAX.

We'll see.

We're going to be in Boston. Why is Friday's the first thing come to mind? Hynes is reasonable walking distance of both Newbury Street and the Prudential Center, and a short subway trip to Quincy Market, the Waterfront, Fenway, and Allston. I'll happily lead the way if anyone is looking to go to a bar or restaurant.... assuming I end up going, which I do think I will.

The Cactus Club is right down the street from the Pru if we're looking for easy-going atmosphere. Allston's a bit out of the way, but I frequent the White Horse Tavern often and its certainly big enough to house a large group. There's also Big City. Newbury Street's kinda pricey from what I've seen since moving here.