OCR01179 - Final Fantasy VI "Agony of Obscuration"

• 2 years later...

This is a really interesting take on shadow's theme, and definitely not something i'd have expected. Very well done, it has a sortof on-the-cusp-of-discovering-something-important feel to it. Like you are alone in the lab late at night, testing enzymes or something.

The melody is changed up slightly and pushed to the background, but it is pretty clearly that theme.

Pretty good stuff, excellent soundtrack potential. :-D

• 2 months later...

A very different take on shadow's theme. The gurgling at the start really helped to set the mood the mood for me. Love when the guitar came into this, the sound on it what great for this track, it had a mean bite to it which was a great contrast to the lightness of the synths.

Another kickass track from DannyB! :nicework:

• 4 weeks later...

This has to be one of my favorite remixes to listen to while working or writing. I like how it starts out reserved and quiet and slowly builds itself up, until you've got the awesome guitar and bass topping everything off.

I have to admit, I'd never heard the source before listening to this, but it really made me want to go and play through FF6 just to hear it. Still haven't finished the game, but this remix takes a great theme with an almost western tint to it, and turns into a subtle, kick ass vibe that fits the character perfectly.

If I had to pick on anything, I'd say the bass could have been a little cleaner. It has some good counter points but the part where it drags out (growls) seems like it could have been a cool riff as well.

• 1 year later...

This remix is extremely slick, taking Shadow's theme in a totally different mood and direction from the original. Loved the interplay of the guitar with the brightness of the synths, sort of mixing the seriousness of the guitar with the happy, chill synths. It also definitely has the unknown/mysterious feel of Shadow contained within its notes, too (somehow). It's next to impossible for me to listen to with bobbing some part of my body along. Easily one of my favorite FF6 remixes on the site.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01179 - Final Fantasy VI "Agony of Obscuration"