OCR01184 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Triforce Majeure"

What the..? DD goes orchestral!? 8O

And what a orchestral! The strings, trombones, a whole army of violines and ass-kicking beats! I would so want to see the musicvideo to this one. But what does majeure mean? :? Whatever, this remix rocks. Download it, or download it twice. An 8 out of 5 remix. :D:D:D

But the name is a knock off of Force Majure by 409 which is a very good compilation... -2 points for originality =P

That's called an homage.

Wrong in both cases; "Force Majeure" is a legal term, in French, for "act of god". In this case, whoever 409 are simply used the exact phrase - not very creative, but fine by me. I didn't know of their track when I suggested the name to Dan, but they hardly have ownership over using it for music, as I'd imagine it's been done before by someone. The translation is something like "Majestic Force" or "Greater Force", so my idea was to simply to make it "Triforce" instead, as the song itself is rather majestic, and certainly great. The legal concept of Force Majeure is described at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_majeure.

But the name is a knock off of Force Majure by 409 which is a very good compilation... -2 points for originality =P

That's called an homage.

Wrong in both cases; "Force Majeure" is a legal term, in French, for "act of god". In this case, whoever 409 are simply used the exact phrase - not very creative, but fine by me. I didn't know of their track when I suggested the name to Dan, but they hardly have ownership over using it for music, as I'd imagine it's been done before by someone. The translation is something like "Majestic Force" or "Greater Force", so my idea was to simply to make it "Triforce" instead, as the song itself is rather majestic, and certainly great. The legal concept of Force Majeure is described at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Force_majeure.

Hey, you shutup, you.

This is a well-done mix of Hyrule Castle, a song I really liked from back in the day .. The instrumtation is excellent, combining orchestra and techno, but not clashing styles at all. I didn't like how it faded back to just the rythm section around 3:00 and didn't really come back until 4:15. Is that a Casio Keyboard preset beat at 5:00? LOL, That's great, didn't see that coming! I really would have liked the brief Shakuhachi melody from the original to be included here with a similarly unique instrument instead of having that melody in saw waves and synth strings, that part really gave Hyrule Castle character. I really didn't like the fade-out, either.

If the style would stick to 1:45 to 3:00 and 4:15 onward, this would be in my primary playlist.

Good work.

• 1 month later...

Never really played Zelda, and never got into it's music, but this totally changes. One of the best remixes on OCRemix.com, seriously. Never would I have though the collaberation of two completely opposite genre of music mix so well.. and so cool. Excellent work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

WOW, can someone say intense?! I'm more of a sucker for the slower, softer remixes on OCR, but this one is just too good to ignore. I don't know if it's the perfect blend of hardcore techno, rock, and orchestra, or the fact that even though it clocks in at over seven minutes, it never gets old. Truly an exceptional piece.

^ I agree, intense, and you nevire tire of it, though it's 7 min+ long! I like to call it an orchestral piece with a trance-like twist. First, it fades in and you know right away it's the dungeon theme and then the drums come in and it just builds, completely drawing you in and then that prevailing suspense sends you on a quest at...wherever you interpret it to be. Then it rounds off perfectly fading away, love that!!! Keep it up, Disco Dan!

• 1 month later...

great song with a very infectious beat. As many others have said, it is very impressive that Disco Dan could make this so interesting and yet so long. I really like the section with the arpeggios at about 2:15. It really sets the stage for the rest of the song and is great to listen to. One of my ocr favorites.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Great song, I've heard some really amazing renditions of other great songs ( More than enough from One-Winged Angel, believe me ) and yet I've never heard an independently remixed song to be so true to not just the song, but the series from which it came. I can clearly Imagine some parts of the song in ALttP,OoT, and TP (the new one, Twilight Princess) Especially TP, because the song in general has always been dark, and TP really compliments it, I think. Anyway, good job man.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Best compliment I can bestow on any piece of music:

Every time I hear this, I snap to attention around 2:40 and double check that I've already given it 5 stars in iTunes/iPod. It's just a standout track from a soundtrack littered with already good material. Remarkable.

• 1 month later...

A true OCR opus the likes of which we haven't seen since. The level of polish and ingenuity that accompanies the deceptive simplicity of the concept is second to none. This is a mix that is going to stay timeless and as powerful as it was the day it was released, simply because it covers absolutely everything in terms of quality.

In the past, Disco Dan has consistently proven that he has the chops to combine the sensibilities of both orchestral and modern genres, but this is where everything truly aligned and hit the sweet spot. The two styles of music, coupled with the right creative approach, the right expertise and the right source, all combined to spark a rare bit of magic.

One of the big champions of videogame remixing lore. It's as ear-pleasing as it is significant. Perfect.

• 5 months later...

Hyrule Castle is in my opinion the best track on the the Link to the Past game and I'm proud to say that you can add me to the list of people who have been caught daydreaming and being woken up by the epicness at 2:40. There aren't a whole lot of songs that I can listen to for over seven minutes before I'm pacing back and forth and cheating by fast-forwarding, but this is one of those that make me sit still and smile. Disco Dan (great name BTW) delivers on this one. Sweet work!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Takes the best of both worlds or electronic and orchestral and mixes them with panache. The arrangement isn't rushed, and the beat is hot. Take notes, guys, this is a master at work. Like some of the other top-tier remixes on the site, the only way to make something like this better would be to have it performed live.

Astoundingly good.

• 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01184 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Triforce Majeure"