Let's get OCR to do Sonic 4's music!

DarkeSword

So, it's started out as a harmless little comment on Twitter.

Then it got picked up by a gaming blog.

Now it's a full blown movement.

OverClocked ReMix wants to do the music for Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

If you've got Twitter, click here: http://bit.ly/ocr4sonic4

We need you guys to pimp out OCR's sonic remixes on Twitter, using the hashtag #ocr4sonic4. We need logos, and graphics, and anything else you can draw: OCR-tan and Sonic hanging out; Sonic wearing the OCR headphones; anything you can think of! Pimp it out on your radio shows, tell your friends, spread the word! Post on Facebook, MySpace, MyFace, SpaceBook, whatever! Just get the word out!

And to any of you naysayers: even if nothing comes of it, it never hurts to try. After all, who would have thought 5 years ago that OCR would be doing the music for a Street Fighter game? But that happened, and it was great. So let's see if we can make this happen too.

EDIT: There seems to be some confusion as to what we're trying to do here! If Sega gives us a Sonic 4 gig, we're not going to be doing remixes! Our intention would be to do an ORIGINAL soundtrack.

Btw, i'm assuming this would be composing new music for the game if this happened right? Or a mix of both remixes and originals?

I know you guys can't possibly know yet, but its something to think about I reckon

This is just my speculation, but such a grand revival of an old-school style demands an epic remix of Green Hill.

They should just get Simon Stålenhag to do the entire thing.

speaking of this is there anywhere that has tons of genesis style chiptunes i can never find any

also wasnt there a little audio clip from the game somewhere on the sonic 4 site that was in the original genesis style?

i was really hoping they were gonna just stick with that all throughout