OCR00418 - Street Fighter II "Vega's Ballad"

Ginnsu

Street Fighter II 'Vega's Ballad'

I can’t think of much else to say except for… total sweetness. An incredible full sound that makes you feel like you’re sitting amongst an orchestra playing tunes solely for your enjoyment. McVaffe does a darn fine job of making every song that he makes feel like you’re not just hearing it, but that you’re submersed in it. This is absolutely amazing must listen.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm gonna have to list this song as my personal favorite ReMix. Not only because it's a remix from my favorite game, not just becaus McVaffe is my Strong Island homey :wink: , but because Vega's Ballad has a feel to it that draws me in and makes the outside world stop whenever the song is playing. I also find it very creative on McV's part to take a Latin-themed song like Vega's and change it up into a fantastic R&B piece with some kick-ass piano playing. Needless to say, this gets my personal stamp of approval, so go download it.

-DCT

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Loving McVaffe, seems everything he puts out is total hotness. Remixing Vega's uptempo groove into a slow R&B blazer is total genius. Seems as though you're feeling it, not just hearing. Almost sounds something you can make love to, or do some serious meditation. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try either.. :P

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Thick and tasty, this mix starts off slow-roasted for maximum pleasure.

The plucked intro's grace yields to a nice kick/snare combo with a bit of an overly loud high-hat in the left ear.

Ahh...but enter the sinth pads countering the main melody being sung by a multiple violin set. The strings have been set in the back far enough to carry without being overly sappy. The high-hat is still tinging away though....

It all comes together with a piano interperatation of the Vega "End Theme" as the guitar contiues to pluck away. Synth pads meander in the back, behind the piano, providing interesting harmonizations.

Quality stuff....but that high-hat nags me throughout the entire work.

9.5/10

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just gotta say this remix is great. I actually heard it while I was in my car...I was stopped at a red light and the car next to me had this amazing bass and I leaned over and asked the passenger what the song was called and she asked the driver and told me it was called vega's ballad well after some searching I found this site and was linked to the song and i gotta say I was not dissapointed. Lets just say when I let the wifey listen to it she was eager to get to bed :wink:

• 1 year later...

Killer track, undisputed king;

Think you can top this? Just get in the ring.

Hit you so hard you be seeing double;

Got the bass kick, turn your foundation to rubble.

Snare drum poppin', going right for your throat;

synths and strings up top, where they gracefully float.

With a flow so chill and a beat so hot;

It's both hell and high water taking over the block.

Guitar lines are swayin', you know what i'm sayin';

When it comes to McVaffe, it's respect you be payin'.

With a massive technique to silence the crowd;

Listen the right way; crank this up loud.

I'm out, Peace.

• 3 months later...
Killer track, undisputed king;

Think you can top this? Just get in the ring.

Hit you so hard you be seeing double;

Got the bass kick, turn your foundation to rubble.

Snare drum poppin', going right for your throat;

synths and strings up top, where they gracefully float.

With a flow so chill and a beat so hot;

It's both hell and high water taking over the block.

Guitar lines are swayin', you know what i'm sayin';

When it comes to McVaffe, it's respect you be payin'.

With a massive technique to silence the crowd;

Listen the right way; crank this up loud.

I'm out, Peace.

Coolest rap ever!!!:razz:

• 2 years later...

Is it just me or does OA's rap fit the background music? Damn it, I'm convinced, Vega's theme is perfect for Spanish rap/R&B/etc. McVaffe always seems to have the best ReMixes (more please!). The slick piano melds very well with the R&B sound and while the theme seems to repeat, it's not the repetitive kind of repeat. It seems to use all of it's time wisely and slow down Vega's theme perfectly for the ballad theme. Extremely smooth song done right. Great song.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00418 - Street Fighter II "Vega's Ballad"