Sign in to follow this  
Mr Azar

Game company logos

48 posts in this topic

I don't think this topic of conversation comes up often, but I thought i'd ask anyhow. Is there a particular company's logo that you favor, or just plain like for whatever reasons (mostly nostalgia, i'd wager :-P) ?

For me, it's Konami's. This was mainly because of all the Contra I used to play. Every time I see that logo, it takes me back to the early 1990s.

Oh so many memories coming back. It seemed like every logo also gave birth to at least one new catchy piece of music (short as they were) and sometimes, two or more.

sony1.png

The correct answer. Sony really should have gone back to the PS1's splashscreen for the PS3 slim. Such an awesome intro and sound.

methinks no one nowadays knows what "no favorites threads" really means

The correct answer. Sony really should have gone back to the PS1's splashscreen for the PS3 slim. Such an awesome intro and sound.

yeah definitely

I was actually working on a PSP theme that used that as the boot sound but I'm lazy and never finished it

read: I couldn't figure out how to make the damned thing work

In terms of having most of my favorite games, this logo always puts a smile on my face

capcom_logo_color_black.jpg

But Reflections (now Ubisoft Reflections) logo always reminds me of a symbol you would see on all the doors in an evil fortress or something

Ubisoft_Reflections_logo.png

sega-logo.jpg

This used to be a herald of awesome things to come (and the only Sega system I ever owned was a Dreamcast). Lately, however, it's lost some of it's magic with me :-(.