OCR00421 - Mega Man 3 "SnowBro Intro"

Ginnsu

Mega Man 3 'Snow Bro Intro'

When I stated listening to the first 50 seconds of mix I was quite confused, it smelled like Mega Man, tasted like Mega Man, even felt like Mega Man, but Mega Man is usually quite a bit faster. I almost thought we were getting a slow suspenseful Mega Man melody. It sure kept me in suspense all right. Then all of a sudden, BOOM! We get high energy Mega Man musical magic! I haven’t played much of Mega Man myself, but hearing all this different renditions and styles built around the same basic tune is a real treat. SnowBro’s style here moves me, and I hope he keeps up the great work.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This is the best Megaman 3 Title Theme I've ever heard. SnowBro is KING of this song. I have been known to listen to 3:30 over and over. I seriously blow my load everytime the song comes to this climax. If you download 1 techno song on this site, make it this one.

holy crap this songs niiiiiice. I can't believe not many people reviewed this one. I think many people are missing out on some really good techno themed songs (hint hint) seriously though, are people not reviewing this on purpose or something? This song is MAD GOOD I give it my :twisted:

holy crap this songs niiiiiice. I can't believe not many people reviewed this one. I think many people are missing out on some really good techno themed songs (hint hint) seriously though, are people not reviewing this on purpose or something? This song is MAD GOOD I give it my :twisted:

Well, this song is 4-5 months older than this board, so its 15 minutes of fame largely passed it by. ^.-

It is a great one though. Just came up on my playlist; funny, it seems to have picked today for everyone to listen to it. I was blown away from the first second, since this has all that is good in a power-metal ballad, until it switches to vibrant techno. Somehow it never manages to repeat itself, always keeping everything just varied enough. I like the interlude from 2:30 to 3:30. And the leads are wonderful, warm and lush rather than choppy or heavily filtered. I might've liked a tad more percussion, but eh, personal preference.

• 2 months later...

This is a very solid arrangement of a frequently remixed theme. When I first heard it, not looking at the title (and not having heard the original theme before), I actually thought it was the theme to some sort of ice level or ice world, ironically. Anyway, the intro is done very well, using nice-sounding synths and an arrangement that I have found no problems with. The main piece is a step above normal dance or techno; the percussion is ordinary, but the rest of the instruments used sound very pleasing. The overall tempo is a bit more relaxed than that of BlueLightning or Mega Man 2003, which is a welcome change.

I really can't find anything wrong with this remix. Keep up the good work!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a newbie to OCR but %$#@ I love this track! How it starts off with a sweet sounding melody before moving into an awesome remix with excellent trance completely ownz this.

If there is anything i could criticize it would be that i wish this peice could just keep going cause i wanted to continue hearing it over and over. Infact i can imagine it getting overhauled into an absolutely incredible extended version. 8)

Great work with this, SnowBro should be proud.

• 2 years later...
I almost thought we were getting a slow suspenseful Megaman melody. It sure kept me in suspense all right. Then all of a sudden, BOOM! We get high energy Megaman musical magic!

Mostly my thoughts too about it, the synth that takes over sounds really good to me, and the beats are fine working together with it. A very smooth arrangement from SnowBro, had a calm beginning and then accellerated more and more until it achieved full speed. This is indeed a techno remix, but as Zircon pointed out, this might also fit real good as dancemusic or music to an aerobicclass, it reminds me too of it.

Great work SlowBro dang Snowbro, too bad that you haven't created any more of this stuff. It would be appreciated.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Very classic. Little more downtempo than most mixes of the same theme, which is a nice change from the usual fair. Overall the energy was a little subpar in my opinion. It felt like the mix was trying hard to be more energetic, but wasn't getting there. Possibly a little more in terms of bass would have brought everything up a notch to me. Overall it's a minor gripe to a pretty good song. Still worth holding onto.

To me, this mix is like a great wine. When I first heard it I didn't like it. Period. I just thought,'Oh, those sounds are terrible, the mix is repetative, etc.'... I gave it time, time where I didn't listen to it, time I developed musically. I went back to this one a week or so again, and I found it aged incredibly well. I can now hear the very subtle things Snowbro has done to it, and it makes me very happy to listen to. In particular, 2:35 - 3:29 is simply a stroke of repetitive genius. I love it.

Like a great wine, it has aged very, very well; it gets better with every listen. I'm still hard pressed to put this against Disco Dan's version, but it does give it's own unique charm to the piece.

• 7 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00421 - Mega Man 3 "SnowBro Intro"