OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I invited a few myself, but only !! took the bait. And necro seemed a little annoyed. :cry:

(I only sent one invite to a given person. I'm not a jerk. :P)

Sorry about not showing up; a few of us (myself included) were playing on a Terraria server at the time. :P

I'd really like to see more games starting on OCR, but the last time I played on BLU the game rubberbanded like it was nobody's business. More so than it regularly does.

On an off topic, if you haven't gotten a SW:TOR beta key yet, you can get one here.

I wonder if you guys consider that off topic or not...

Anyway, this is likely my last communication in this thread until Thursday unless there's a game update that I need to install on the servers.

That just goes to show how busy I am. :|

hey has there ever been anymore talk about having an actual team, like the highlander thing that happened awhile ago?

I've heard some people say they'd like to form a team again, although where we'd compete is beyond me. I've also heard that I did a good job of organizing our old Highlander team, despite my own feelings to the contrary.

That said, I simply have too much on my plate to reasonably take responsibility for playing at team secretary again.

tl;dr there's interest but I won't be the one to organize it again and have no idea what we'd actually do.

What you may want to do, is to emulate what Rambo used to do, and set up a time for people to come and do some semi serious scrimmages on a passworded server (to reduce visitation by pubs).

Set up actual teams, and play in stop watch mode on the various maps that are used for competition play. (steel, gravelpit and the like)

That way ,once you discover a tournement you want to play, you've got some people ready made to join up.

I'm sure a mod or two would be willing to give you a hand, if powerlord's got the tourney configs setup.

What you may want to do, is to emulate what Rambo used to do, and set up a time for people to come and do some semi serious scrimmages on a passworded server (to reduce visitation by pubs).

Set up actual teams, and play in stop watch mode on the various maps that are used for competition play. (steel, gravelpit and the like)

That way ,once you discover a tournement you want to play, you've got some people ready made to join up.

I'm sure a mod or two would be willing to give you a hand, if powerlord's got the tourney configs setup.

This.

10chars

I don't think I have the tourney configs around any more... of course, I only seem to have the one decent server any more, as the RED server (the box where I can add more servers whenever I want) seems to have lag problems as of late.

In other news, Valve is soliciting "Holiday that rhymes with Smissmas" items for their contribute site.

Hee, there's a related one from Baccano!

Looks like a new update dropped, with a couple of promo hats from Trine 2 and some map fixes. I think they may have nerfed GM's trololo teleporter spot on Upward.

Yes, Valve always pushes out updates on days I'm away from a computer I can update BLU from.

Watch, there will be another update tomorrow.

Incidentally, RED being on a server I own auto-updates. I'm going to be looking into renting a VPS/VDS from a host soon so I can run servers as needed.

We've released a mandatory update for Team Fortress 2. The notes for the update are below.

Thanks.

-Eric

----------------------------------------

Team Fortress 2

- Added new promo items

- Fixed a bug preventing some server-side quickplay filtering from working, causing clients to ping too many servers

- Fixed a bug where an item with an empty craft_class (e.g. the Apoco-Fists) could be obtained via crafting

- Fixed an exploit that allowed untradable items to be traded with Steam trading

- Web API changes:

- Added flag_cannot_craft to GetPlayerItems web API output

- Added description_string and description_format for some hidden attributes in the GetSchema output

- Updated Pl_Upward

- Fixed a teleporter griefing position near control point B

- Updated Pl_Barnblitz

- Fixed a bug that allowed players to get into the opposing team's respawn room

- Updated the localization files

Incidentally, it shouldn't have taken them this long to fix PL_Barnblitz, as the bug in BLU Spawn #2's doors was known within days of its release.

Edit: I launched the updater on BLU, no clue how long it'll take. RED should be updated already.

Edit 2: BLU should be updated and back online now.

We've released a mandatory update for Team Fortress 2. The notes for the update are below.

Thanks.

-Eric

----------------------------------------

Team Fortress 2

- Added the Dr. Whoa bowtie

- Added a new taunt for the Heavy when he's wearing the FrankenHeavy set

- WebAPI changes:

- Fixed contained_item not always displaying in the web api results

- Added a new API (IEconAssets_440/GetAssetPrices/v0001) for getting item prices

- Fixed set bonuses activating outside of the proper holiday for holiday restricted items

- Fixed the Loch-n-Load death notice icon not being displayed correctly

BLU's and RED are updated.

Sadly, no more high-pitched Engineer voice outside of Full Moon.

I think it's time to roll out the Force Holidays plugin...