OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Speaking of which, I had two hats until yesterday: The Professional's Panama and the Stainless Pot. Yesterday, I got a third: Master's Yellow Belt. So I craft it with the Panama and what do I get?

Soldier's Stash.

I swear I am doomed to have nothing but Soldier and Sniper hats. >.<

I have been there. I crafted a Panama and a Football Helmet only to get a Trophy Belt. Now if only I was as good a Sniper as I was a Scout.

sorry to interrupt this discussion about this plugin but i have something to relate

16:41 | <<atmuh>> so i was driving home in traffic

16:41 | <<atmuh>> and this idiot in front of me was going so slow

16:41 | <<atmuh>> so instinctively said

16:41 | <<atmuh>> will ya just lets go

16:43 | <<atmuh>> and then i had an idea!

16:44 | <<atmuh>> i had idea that people from ocr should make a complete 9 class soundpack 1 person per class

16:44 | <<atmuh>> i think that would be funny

would anyone actually do that (i fixed my mic and would be the scout)

you could have fun with it and do something crazy like

(although i could do without the swearing)

That sounds like a nice idea :-o

You know, I wish I hadn't waited so long to join idle servers.

Since I started idleing two weeks ago, I've gotten two hat drops and crafted one hat.

So, I've been wearing my Trophy Belt and Backbiter's Billycock lately... but my second random drop (just a few days after crafting a Backbiter's Billycock) was a second Backbiter's Billycock.

Then again, this is why they have the "Rebuild Headgear" recipe!

See? I told you! Congrats!

General request to the OCRTF2 community:

Please check your microphone levels. A lot of you guys are playing with so-so microphones; you can mitigate static by tweaking your input levels in-game and also in your computer's control panel. PLEASE make sure you set up your mic levels properly.

Also, please don't yell into your mic. I realize that TF2 can get really intense, but there is no need to yell into your microphone, especially when it just saturates the sound and turns into a garbled mess. And it's not just about levels/volume either, it's a conduct thing. Try to remember that it's a game and that OCR's server isn't meant to be super-competitive; there's no reason to chew out your own team at the top of your lungs because they're not jumping on the point or pushing the cart.

Also, please don't yell into your mic. I realize that TF2 can get really intense, but there is no need to yell into your microphone, especially when it just saturates the sound and turns into a garbled mess. And it's not just about levels/volume either, it's a conduct thing. Try to remember that it's a game and that OCR's server isn't meant to be super-competitive; there's no reason to chew out your own team at the top of your lungs because they're not jumping on the point or pushing the cart.

What if you're calling for Medic with critical health and he insists on chasing a Scout with his Syringe Gun?

What if you're calling for Medic with critical health and he insists on chasing a Scout with his Syringe Gun?

heh you got pretty mad on that gpit map

now you know why id much rather play sniper/scout than heavy/soldier/demo when i play on ocr

If you were referring to me when I was last on a couple of days ago, I apologize for that.

I can only say that I fail miserably and should not be relied on to do anything right.(and that valve shouldn't have made that an achievement.)

If you were referring to me when I was last on a couple of days ago, I apologize for that.

I can only say that I fail miserably and should not be relied on to do anything right.(and that valve shouldn't have made that an achievement.)

Unfortunately you can almost never catch a Scout using the syringe gun. The best way to kill Scouts with it is to kite them. Lure them in and spray in their direction. That achievement was difficult.

I'm surprised that anyone will ever medic for you considering how much you bitch about them.

because when they do i get a lot of kills and i can protect medics well (except as demo)

and i really hope youre not talking about how yesterday i suggested to you to wait to uber after offense ubers on defense after you ubered first

theres a distinct difference between complaining about a medic and suggesting to them how they can play the class better

i dont remember my exact words but i know i phrased it in a way that was more of just advice than me telling you that youre so awful or something, as i know in the past youve said that you dont medic often because you feel youre bad at the class, so i figured id give you some tips to play the class better since more medics on the server would definitely be welcomed

and yeah anytime i suggest anything to a medic they immediately say that im doing nothing but complaining

i remember once i asked ij "why do you use kritz all the time" and he told me that he likes it and all i said was "use regular" and he refused to heal me the entire rest of the map (thats griefing btw)

and really if you look at the hlstats and look at the top 20 players almost NONE of them play medic ever except for pav and nooblet and occasionally necro (miyako came on a couple times and battlemediced that doesnt count) and i see that as a serious problem

i mean really people even if youre so afraid that youre precious k/d ratio will be affected by you playing medic more often you can get away with minimal damage to it

even if you dont have a solid heavy demo or solider to pocket you can still do well i was a medic on dustbowl offense AND defense and had only 10 deaths even though there were solid players like frogg on the other team and id post that screenshot but MY GAME CRASHED SO IT DIDNT SAVE THE SCOREBOARD OR MY 16032 HEALING RECORD WHICH I AM KINDA MAD ABOUT

and yeah brushfire is basically the only medic on the server thats taken my advice to use the regular needlegun and and the regular medigun and guess what it works!

Think Gravelpit, but with a makeover in the Halloween style, as seen in Harvest Event. Includes pumpkin bombs and Zephaniah Mann's ghost. I did a quick walkthrough earlier and it's really quite pretty -- the different lighting makes a huge difference on its own.

do you really want a gravelpit in which heavies become 20x more effective

and really if you look at the hlstats and look at the top 20 players almost NONE of them play medic ever except for pav and nooblet and occasionally necro (miyako came on a couple times and battlemediced that doesnt count) and i see that as a serious problem

Ahem.

Also, the Kritzkrieg has its uses. The Ubercharge is more consistently useful, but the Kritzkrieg has the potential to wipe the enemy team before they can react. Risk/Reward, etc.

do you really want a gravelpit in which heavies become 20x more effective

I was about to say "Anything that buffs Heavies, they need it," but then I remembered Frogg is a regular...

If your referring to the pumpkin bombs, they're fairly well spread out, although their mere presence does create a previously nonexistent risk to being in certain areas. Such as B's roof. There's tons of them on B's roof.

Ahem.

Also, the Kritzkrieg has its uses. The Ubercharge is more consistently useful, but the Kritzkrieg has the potential to wipe the enemy team before they can react. Risk/Reward, etc.

I was about to say "Anything that buffs Heavies, they need it," but then I remembered Frogg is a regular...

If your referring to the pumpkin bombs, they're fairly well spread out, although their mere presence does create a previously nonexistent risk to being in certain areas. Such as B's roof. There's tons of them on B's roof.

i know you play a lot of medic but i havent seen you play much of it at all in a long while

and the kritz is really best suited for two skilled buddies, one of which is really good at protecting the medic, pocketing each other as theyll be able to keep alive better

on the other hand, the regular medigun has a lot more uses

not only can it be used to push but it can also be invaluable as a means to counter the other teams uber and stall them, as well as giving the medic a potential out when hes about to get meatshotted by a scout and whoever hes healing is completely oblivious to the situation (a common occurrence)

and yeah im talking about pumpkin bombs, but probably not how you are

i dont think anyone understood why i was on the roof of the point on harvest as a heavy

i know you play a lot of medic but i havent seen you play much of it at all in a long while

and the kritz is really best suited for two skilled buddies, one of which is really good at protecting the medic, pocketing each other as theyll be able to keep alive better

not only can it be used to push but it can also be invaluable as a means to counter the other teams uber and stall them, as well as giving the medic a potential out when hes about to get meatshotted by a scout and whoever hes healing is completely oblivious to the situation (a common occurrence)

and yeah im talking about pumpkin bombs, but probably not how you are

i dont think anyone understood why i was on the roof of the point on harvest as a heavy

Hmm. Thinking it over, I still don't think that Heavies could make it up there to B with my pumpkin bomb placements. There's maybe ONE pumpkin, but....honestly, you'll have to be extremely lucky to angle it just right. Even then I don't know.

Also, it doesn't show the layout and actual differences in map structure, but it's a neat screenie.

14d0xm8.jpg

it doesnt matter if you cant go to a specific spot its making the heavy ridiculously mobile especially if hes overhealed in which he can land somewhere without having that much less than 300hp

its also too dark youd need to seriously work on the lighting especially in the whole A area

and why would you change the map structure of gravelpit its one of if not the best designed maps in the game

anyways heres a quick demonstration of how disastrous it would be if pumpkin bombs were in every map

even if you tried to move them into other places im sure i could come up with a way to use them to my advantage when jumping

wait why wasnt there a blu spawn door

I admit I haven't gone Medic in a while, but that's mostly because I've slowly shifted into a cynical bastard who would much rather play a class he enjoys when I feel like it, rather than being roped into it by guilt/persuasion/whatever.

Can I Medic? Definitely.

Do I feel like being a Medic? Depends on my mood. And how many Spies we already have. I won't go Spy if we already have 2, for instance.

EDIT: Jeez, do you make a living out of pumpkin jumps? o_O;