OCR01204 - Kabuki: Quantum Fighter "Take the Red Pill"

djpretzel

when I listenned to this I could almost picture matrix-style guys beating the hell out of some sort of ninjas lol. Never heard the original tune so I can't really compare, but this is good stuff. Well...let's say it's best to listen to if you're doing something else lol...

• 1 month later...

Not bad. Fast and loud, but not something you sit down and listen intently to. Works good as background music for posting on forums.

I definately like the style, and the repetitiveness doesn't bother me much. The main sequence almost sounds like it's coming from all my speakers at the same time, subwoofer included. Nice reverb you put on it too, and the other sounds do their job at keeping this mix too repetitive.

Though, considering that I'm deaf in one ear, my judgement probably won't be as good as that of other people, but you can probably trust me when I say I like it. :)

EDIT: Nice sig, by the way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Buzzy and a bit repetative, this is a perfect GOA trance feel, and would work great for a fighting game soundtrack. This really is ninja pummeling music.

The ending was abrupt but it worked well enough, as this would be either mixed in with other tracks, or the sudden end of a fight scene, where the victor would pose with a flourish, while the room full of beaten ninjas would wallow in despair.

• 2 years later...

Nicely done.

Pulse pounding, industrial, and techno.

There is definitely adrenalin in this mix.

My only gripe is that it takes a while to get going and until then its fairly repetitive, but other than that, this is worth checking out.

• 10 months later...

While this is pretty repetitive, it manages to stay same throughout the mix. The buzz itself starts to get to you after a while, but the actual pattern works because of the different stuff going on up top. That 'stuff' though, is a bit overshadowed volume-wise; I feel like it's being crowded out a little bit by the buzzing background. Drums do vary a bit themselves, but only through different loops, and they lack some personalization. They are also a bit on the weaker side, and could have used more presence.

I'm not feeling this one, mostly by the lack of development. I would have liked more to happen, which unfortunately doesn't happen. Some breaks/volume changes/instrument changes would have been appreciated.

A safe mix, but not the most interesting.

• 2 years later...

Goa trance. The one genre that seemed to be a taboo subject when I was starting out. :razz:

But hearing it as it is, it starts out pretty cool with the filtered rhythmic buzzed synth, and throughout we had this nice clean dance setup that managed to work out for the most part; nothing too spectacular but still a pleasant listen.

What seems to be my biggest concern though is that it seemed as if most of it so ended up being a build entirely based on the first 4 bars of the source; a little difficult to make the identification. It does take a slightly more recognisable form at around 2:15 with the strings resembling the last 8 bars of the source, but even then the arrangement becomes really difficult to make out. I'd say it's a rather liberal arrangement, and thus I'm not too sure over how this managed to make the pass onto the site.

Either way, I'm sure some fans of the game may probably identify the source better than I could; it's not a bad trance-sounding entry from ArseAssassin, but I'm just not really won over in regards to the arrangement and its liberalities taken. I'm sorry man :(

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01204 - Kabuki: Quantum Fighter "Take the Red Pill"