Donkey Kong Country 3: Double the Trouble! - History

Emunator

this is a bit off topic a bit...

what does the tagline under your alias mean?

as in, mine is "Snacks 'N Jaxson (+25)", while someone else's might be

"Dr. Wily (+1300)".

What does that mean?

Emunator, I know you probably have an answer!

I'm with you Emu. Rockface Rumble is my absolute favorite of the SNES tracks. Heck, I've even thought up custom on-the-fly remixes of them. Unfortunately, I don't know bean seeds about remixing or music in general so I'm unable to make them realities, much less meet OCR standards of remixes. I might be able to bearly manage VGMusic or VGMix standards if I dabble with midi software but nothing like you guys are capable of. :P

Don't worry man :-) We've got 3 of the most legendary mixers that have ever hit this site working on individual Rockface mixes - Zyko, McVaffe, and Sixto - so you better believe that your needs will be met! :-D

Hooooly crap. Got my second WAV from halc this week, and he brought a friend along for collaborating with on Water World! The Vagrance might hurt me for this, but this is DEFINITELY an album highlight here. Yay for finished song #10 - 5 from each soundtrack so far! Keep it up!

Hooooly crap. Got my second WAV from halc this week, and he brought a friend along for collaborating with on Water World! The Vagrance might hurt me for this, but this is DEFINITELY an album highlight here. Yay for finished song #10 - 5 from each soundtrack so far! Keep it up!

Wow, poppin'em out like hot cakes, eh? All the better for OCR.

Aight, so, continuing our WAV-a-day streak, DCT got me something finished today that should make a wonderful ending track to the SNES album :-) Thanks man, it's been a pleasure working with you!

Also, give a warm welcome to Flexstyle who'll be taking on Hot Pursuit. He's a very talented musician and seems like an all-around great guy to be working with, so I'm looking forward to it! :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Things have been kinda slow lately, but we should have some WAVs on tap soon :-) Harjawaldar, Theophany, GSlicer (x2) and Radiowar are all sitting at silver status.

The rest of you though, it'd be nice to hear something from you, especially those of you still at red status. Let's keep a steady flow going on here! And for those of you who have been shooting me updates or at least working on your songs, thank you very much! It's appreciated!

I was right! :-D Radiowar's song is finished and it's damn good. He's put a lot of effort into it and it's come a long way since the first WIP I received, I think you'll all be happy with what came out of his efforts!

• 4 weeks later...

So, status update: it's been almost a month since my last post and I've only gotten 4 updated WIPs... and 3 of them have been from Theophany (with 2 of them being just a hair's length away from WAV status.) So, thanks to him for his dedicated work on the project - the rest of you, I'd really like to start seeing some updates soon! The deadline is still far off but some of you haven't even turned in enough to meet the last deadline, so if you've been working but haven't turned in a WIP yet, get me something or at least let me know that you've got progress.

I know pretty much every project's been in a slump lately, but let's try to kick things back into gear! It's been too long without the normal level of progress :-(

• 3 weeks later...

I am thoroughly in support of this project you guys, just thought I'd drop in and let you know...I'm also trying my darndest to convince Nicole Adams to do a mix for this one since she's remixed for 1 and 2...but she hated DKC3 :( anyways...here's a random title drop for you guys, Family guy inspired...

"Banana Bird's the word!"

Ok, so, halc's got 2 WAVs and a WIP, GSlicer's got a WAV and 2 silver WIPs, and Theophany's got 3 silver WIPs. Where the rest of you at? :-P

Actually, I've been getting a fair amount of updates lately. I've gotten songs from:

- Theophany

- halc & Another Soundscape

- The Vagrance

- OA

- ilp0

- Josh Whelchel

You guys are cool <3 Much love.

As for the rest of the project, I wanted to let you all know that The Maverickk has something INSANELY awesome and unique lined up for that. Some of you know what it is, but soon he should be making a post on the private forums soon enough to put it all into detail.

And thanks for those of you still expressing your interest in the project, I thrive off of that stuff and I think the project as a whole does better when everyone's excited to hear the outcome. So, here's the deal - when I get 20 WAVs in total, I'll throw out an extended preview twice as long as the last one! :-D So, bug whoever you need to to make this happen - if all the people who are currently sitting at Silver status turned their songs in, we'd only need 1 more WAV to reach that goal. In addition, if the time is right, I might reveal another secret I've been keeping up my sleeve about the project, but no promises there. We'll just have to wait and see on that one ;-)

I don't discriminate based on who's remixing - it's all about the quality of the mix itself. If you're a beginning remixer, it's unlikely that you'll be able to make something up to the quality bar (just listen to the songs that get posted everyday on OCRemix to get an idea for what I'm going for) but it's worth a shot :-)

I am thoroughly in support of this project you guys, just thought I'd drop in and let you know...I'm also trying my darndest to convince Nicole Adams to do a mix for this one since she's remixed for 1 and 2...but she hated DKC3 :(

You must never stop trying to get Nicole Adams to be a part of this. Never. There has to be one tune from either soundtrack that she likes.