OCR02007 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Rare Respite"

djpretzel

I'm reposting my decision comments since I liked them and they weren't used in the write-up:

The second section of Enya's "Shepard Moons" is almost a dead ringer for your piano intro. The same slow, graceful mood, some of the same notes even. That's just the start of great comparisons I can make with your song. It's a wonderfully playful and colorful arrangement that recalls a lot of world music I love, thanks to the myriad instruments you employ. It seems like you spent a lot of time getting each part to sound right, and it really adds up. The writing is superb, weaving Jib Jig and your original additions seamlessly. Really, I can't say enough good things about this arrangement - fantastic.

I really like this remix but has anyone else noticed the sneaky "phone rings" in the background? You can hear one quite clearly at 1:15 which kept turning me round to my phone until I realised it was part of the track.

Beautiful. Really hooked me with this one, Patrick. I'm a sucker for sea shanty-like beats and celtic vibes, and the flute brought it all together. I really think you got the overall feeling of a ship sailing the open waves. A nice light tune to end the flood. Well done, me matey! 8-)

This is my favorite track from the new album. The sounds and production are fantastic, as are the performances. It doesn't stray too far away from the source, which was great to begin with. This pushes the boundaries of what should be expected from a remix, and sets the bar extremely high.

Edited by Brandon Strader

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02007 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Rare Respite"