OCR01217 - Laser Squad "Mission Recalled"

djpretzel

intro is very very well done. i like how things are randomly added but they fit into the melody. even though it gets a bit cluttered at times, it still works well.

near the end i was kinda wishing something original and out of the already maintained melody/beat to come in.

it stretched it pretty far imo.

overall the mix is great and its a good listen.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Lot of interesting textures and melodies throughout, this mix is very good despite a few significant flaws. First, it is overly treble heavy, giving it an ultra-compressed sound. Also, there is a synth in there that is Ba-ba-ba-bad. You'll know it when you hear it. Pretty annoying, but there is enough going on otherwise to take attention away from it. The ethereal synths and electro sounds are really strong, and there is a pretty nice synth brass as well.

A little heavy on the cheese, but worth a download for sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

There are quite a few interesting textures in this mix, and the overall melody is pretty cool. I'm not too crazy about the 'vocals' throughout the mix. They're more of a distraction than anything. The string attacks seem slow, so it takes some time between the beat and when their sound comes in.

The textures and sounds used throughout, along with a fun bassline really help bring this back on track. Worth a listen in my opinion, but up to you whether or not it's one to keep.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01217 - Laser Squad "Mission Recalled"
  • 6 months later...

Yeah, the brass/orchestral elements surely sound quite cheesy and that vocal-ish lead may throw some people off, but I honestly think they work pretty fine with the rest of instrumentation, so I'm definitely getting some cool old-school synthwave vibes from this one :) Really love the slightly melancholic yet heroic and even sci-fi atmosphere of this track!