Marvel vs. Capcom 3

DJ Mighty

I used to love Gambit and Mega Man in the first one, but even if I will not take the third (don't own a PS3/360) I hope they'll remember about Viewtiful Joe, he was present in Tatsunoko VS Capcom and still is one of my favourites Capcom heroes ^__^

And he is well-suited for a fighting game, considering his games were side-scrolling beat-em-ups. I wish I had my gamecube stuff... still haven't beat the first one... stupid friggin' helicopters...

Adults mode eh? I beat it on that mode, I only tried V-Rated a few times, practically IMPOSSIBLE!!

In regards to M vs. C 3, give me Howard the Duck, that's all I ask, I don't care if he's a DLC character even...

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Jhawk and i will be posting ALL of the news for MvC3

In the latest Game Informer magazine, Dante (Devil May Cry), Felicia (Darkstalkers), Deadpool and Captain America were listed as confirmed characters for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Here's a list of details

• MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists.

• The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types, just like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

• MvC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TvC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay.

• The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.

• Deadpool's teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.

• Chris Redfield uses his weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the "shock stick."

• Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks' Supers are shown.

In the latest Game Informer magazine, Dante (Devil May Cry), Felicia (Darkstalkers), Deadpool and Captain America were listed as confirmed characters for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Not surprising, but definitely good to hear.

Also good to hear confirmation that the gameplay is based on Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Deadpool's teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.

I...

I can't wait to see this

My fantasy can now be acheived (Mega Man vs Dante)

Mega Man hasn't been confirmed yet though.

If they're basing this game on Tatsunoko vs Capcom, I'm expecting MegaMan Volnutt to return, instead of original series Mega Man.

Seriously Capcom, what unrelated company will your characters battle next? My hopes are on Capcom vs 5th Cell or Hanna-Barbera.

I'm still waiting for Capcom vs. Nintendo. I would actually love to see Nintendo characters such as Mario drawn in the CVS2 art style. From what I've seen so far, I really like the art direction that mvc3 is going with, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Seth Killian answer some questions on MvC3 on the Capcom Unity Broads

Will Marvel vs. Capcom 3 be playable at this year's E3?

Seth: I'm pushing very hard to make sure people get a chance to play MvC3, whether that be at E3 or otherwise. Part of the issue is that (as has been repeatedly mentioned), there are many non-final aspects about the game. This should be obvious given where it is in the development cycle, but the concern is that if we show something that isn't 100% done, everyone will still treat it like this was the final product rather than a game that's not coming out until 2011.

At any rate, trying to get MvC3 into your hands soon, and as usual, regardless of MvC3, we WILL be getting a bunch of Unity members into the show :D

What's the top priority for MvC3 character selection? Is it popularity or how well the characters will fit into a fighting game?

Sven: It's a combination of those things.

Sure we have to have some of the fan favorites (e.g. popular characters). Then there are some characters that were selected just because they would have cool abilities that fit the gameplay well (which are often a bit more obscure or at least lesser known).

With as many popular characters as both companies have, inevitably, some people will be disappointed that character X, Y or Z isn't in it, but as Niitsuma-san has said, we're trying to get as many in as we can in the development time we've had.

Will MvC3 use GGPO for its online play?

Seth: Nothing has been decided yet regarding MVC3 online. ♥ GGPO.

How come we haven't heard about more new characters for MvC3 yet? You guys need to hurry up and put out more information, I need to know!

Sven: There's a set schedule for which we'll be showing/announcing new characters that leads all the way up to launch. Totally appreciate the passion though.

What are some of the details concerning your agreement with Marvel? Also, since you guys are working on MvC3, can you release your older Marvel titles too and create more games based on that franchise?

Sven: I negotiated both the MvC3 and MvC2 contracts and I'm really not at liberty to share details of significance in those agreements.

But in the name of setting your expectations I will say, both are separate agreements that were negotiated at different times. In the MvC3 contract's case, it only grants us the rights to create MvC3. It does not grant any rights to release older titles from past agreements.

Capcom Unity Broads

This typo made me lol :)

I'm surprised they haven't decided whether or not to include online play. Seems like a no-brainer. Or maybe I misunderstood and he just meant to say that they haven't decided how they're going to do online play.