OCR01224 - Mega Man 3 "Cataclysmic Clash"

djpretzel

As the subject of this message states, is exactly how I feel for this song. One of the things that make this remix more unique besides being the first Top Man remix that I know about and there being lyrics in the song, around 3:30 they seem to work in the boss theme and stage selection from Megaman 2.

Incedently I had also heard GO's "Little Mac's Confession. In my eyes both songs have very similar quiality.

It seems like some of you (including the judges) have difficulties understanding the lyrics. Very few seem to know the real story behind Mega Man 3. If you did, maybe you would understand more.

Mega Man 3 is about robots in a mine making a revolt, just like in Émile Zola's "Germinal". The lyrics describe this revolt. They also try to be humoristic in the way they describe the wounds that only robots can get (for example "oil is staining on their hands" instead of blood). The chorus is, of course, about Top Man himself. It all ends with everybody killing each other.

• 1 month later...

I kept thinking as I was listening to this that it would be sooo awesome...without the vocals. The vocals are like the "cow bell" from the Christopher Walken sketch, very distracting. They work for maybe 5 - 10 seconds during the song but otherwise, I think they weaken the piece. This isn't to say that it couldn't work with vocals, it's just that the ones provided here really don't work. Vocally it needs someone like Robert Plant to work...

But everything else about this mix rocks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Check the MM3 manual - it says right there in the intro "Get to those mining worlds on the double MegaMan, and stop whoever's in charge!" or something similar. Hence, lyrics are justified.

MWUHA.

Awesome song by the way. This gets the very special last place on any CD I burn that doesn't include A World Awaits Chrono (otherwise it goes 2nd last)

• 9 months later...

I'm at a loss. I actually don't know what to say. Um.....Awesome!! Um..This rocks!! Um..I want more. Go GameOver. After hearing that this band was from Sweden, I expected to hear lryics in Swedish. When I heard Timo (the lead singer) singing in english, I knew immediately that this would become one of my top 5 songs. I'm feeling much like djpretzel must've when he had to come up with an opening review for this track. If you haven't already, head over to www.nintendometal.com and buy their demo disc. This stuff is amazing

• 1 month later...
Anyway i LOVE this song to death 8O:)!! Go Sweden go !! :mrgreen::wink:

They´re SWEDES!?8O

At first I felt uncomfortable since this remix had lyrics, I´m more of a dude that just wants the music with no voices that steals your attention. But now that I´ve listened to it quite a while, the lyrics grows on you and becomes part of the music, and that´s the point where i truly realizes how cool this remix really is. It´s AWESOME.

A great rockremix in the name of Topman, that´s some pretty neat stuff. The guitars actually fitted very well to the Topmelody, it plays with maximum energy and leaves noone unsatisfied. Well, maybe someone, but those people maybe just don´t likes thrashing guitar remixes.

Tack för remixen Game Over, är fortfarande ganska förvånad att det finns så många svenskar på OC. Ni gör oss stolta. Bra gjort!!!

• 3 years later...
They´re SWEDES!?8O

Didn't see that coming....

I don't really care for the intro; it plays tricks with my headphones and makes me feel like going deaf in my left ear or something.

Still this is fairly standard power metal, so if you like that sort of thing, check this mix out.

• 3 months later...

Game Over hemorrhage pure awesomeness. That's all there is to it. The amount of love for metal and for Mega Man 3 that they show off here would almost be sickening, if it weren't so goddamn fantastic.

Flawless arrangement of various Mega Man themes, classic metal vocals, solos to write home about... this mix has it all. Game Over may always be the artist to beat in the continuous quest for that perfect professional sound.

I am a HUGE fan of this.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I guess turning Top Man's theme into a metal song was an obvious choice, but this a great version of it.

The only thing I don't really like is that the drums kind of mess up the sound, especially during the chorus. Are they using a drum machine of some sort? Because some passages feel overly-mechanical and awkward at times. But everything else is top-notch.

Edited by Holy Land

• 2 years later...

Pure metal carnage. So deliciously intense. Game Over has often impressed me, but I have had much of a chance to express how much I love their work, especially this song. Even with the later changes, this is another great rocking ReMix that shows the constant quality of their work. Loved the transition to the boss theme and adding in the boss intro jingle.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01224 - Mega Man 3 "Cataclysmic Clash"