OCR01224 - Mega Man 3 "Cataclysmic Clash"

djpretzel

Game Over's always been like a favorite to me, even though this is only their second song i've heard.. like the other, this one rocks quite soundly, with that harsher, rougher sort of metal i love so good. The whole battle atmosphere is kept well here, and i name this a good'un because of it all! Topman's stage did have a certain kind of guitar sound to it, but this one changes it pretty good... gets that ' Heavy Metal Highway' at the start there, hehe.. but there's a weird delay on the notes that's buggerin' a bit, but it's alright. The solo is awesome too, very fighter's sound.. but why couldn't they have gone with the MM3 boss music? ah well.. Thumbs up, fellers, all the same!

Finally - someone made the rock remix this song deserved. Ever since I heard it first time I thought it was made to be played by a rock band. It could have been heavier, if you ask me, but I like the guy's voice. Very non-iron maiden, which is good. The drums are messed up at the solo part, and generally, the fact that the drums are played on a synth drags this song down quite a bit. Imagine a real drum kit on this and it would be a ton heavier. There's no excuse for having drums as bad as these - drums are probably the easiest instrument to fake, and to make sound real. The drums being played rather off-beat is also really annoying. Anyway, I'm glad this thing was finally released after having a sneak preview of it on their site for so long.

Really awesome and well-written. This is an impressive piece of work!

I really don't like how the drums are processed -- the sound is too clean and bright, causing them to sound more synthetic than they might if they sat in the mix better. I'd love to hear how they sounded with just a touch of overdrive or other vintage warmth kind of effect.

I really like this remix, even though I'm usually not a person who enjoys lyrics in my video game music. I have no idea what the singer is saying half the time, so I think that makes up for it. :P

Anyway, another exceptional Mega Man remix. I really like when the music changes to the boss music and then to the "stage selected theme". I'll definitely be adding this one to my playlist alongside other great Mega Man songs.

I feel so proud of Game Over ..everything they do in NintendoMetal is pure bliss and a joyful listening.

I truly hope this epic song inspires other garage rock bands to start their careers in this direction.

As for me this Topman remake with abit of MegaMan 2 Boss Theme reminds me of the excellent efforts of the popular(i think) american band The Minibosses.

Anyway i LOVE this song to death 8O:)!! Go Sweden go !! :mrgreen::wink:

Dream Theater. That's what this reminds me of, but cooler. Much cooler.

Nothing is cooler than Dream Theater, though they do sound quite a bit like them...

Game Over was my favorite, not only because of the type of music they do, but they also seem to pick the best games... I was sort of crushed when I downloaded the Punch-Out!! Mix, then check to see that it was Game Over's only mix on this site...

Two favorite parts:

3:28 - Music for Boss intro before you warp into a stage. (One of the best parts, I was NOT expecting that)

4:24 - The sound for when you die, Game Over! :D

Although I kinda wish they had submitted their Grim Reaper remix from Castlevania instead of this, (You haven't heard a metal remix until you've heard Grim Reaper: Trust me) this is still a wonderful song that deserves your time. If you liked Little Mac's Confession, it can safely be said that you'll like this. The drums aren't the absolute best, and it's a little cheesy at some points, but this great song will earn a permanent spot on your playlist if you're into metal music. If you're not, give it a try anyway: You might like it. :P I love the solo, and this is the only time TopMans theme has ever gotten the justice it deserves, so give it a try!

Here's hoping Game Over decides to submit another track from their next album to OCR! (Rumors say there's some Zelda: Any chance? :P)

That...rocked. There's just no other way of saying it, that totally and utterly rocked. Lyrics, arrangement, vocals, guitars, drums, everything. As one of my friends always says, "That r0x0red my b0x0rs. And I don't even -have- b0x0rs, so that's pretty impressive." I think that's fitting. :lol:

Really awesome work. Thank you for this mix!

Finally - someone made the rock remix this song deserved. Ever since I heard it first time I thought it was made to be played by a rock band. It could have been heavier, if you ask me, but I like the guy's voice. Very non-iron maiden, which is good. The drums are messed up at the solo part, and generally, the fact that the drums are played on a synth drags this song down quite a bit. Imagine a real drum kit on this and it would be a ton heavier. Couldn't they at least have used the same drum samples Rob Zombie used in the Quake 2 soundtrack? Those were fake, too, but it was nearly impossible to tell. Anyway, I'm glad this thing was finally released after having a sneak preview of it on their site for so long.

I totally agree that a harder rock version of top man should have been done. This is comming from someone that dont like rock music out side of video games too. Yeah, this a good song. This band is 2 for 2 with me.

At first I didn't like the mix because the rhythm of the lyrics was weird, but I grew to love it alot. The singer is obviously very talented.

This song is the best Megaman song with lyrics, and Top Man's song never sounded better. The only bad thing is the drums in the solo part sound synthesized, but it is covered up nicely by the guitars.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01224 - Mega Man 3 "Cataclysmic Clash"