OCR01225 - Xenogears "Pillar of Salt"

djpretzel

Several obsceneties of surprise come to mind when I listen to this - and I mean that in a good way.

Without reading the introduction/summary of it, I was quite surprised when I heard the vocals within the song, and how it still flowed despite them. Absolutely incredible, even if it does have a religious overtone to it. (Sorry, hardly Christian here.)

This one really caught my attention, being of the Indian persuassion myself, I do enjoy a good ethnic mix, and star succesfully represented the traditional Indian flavor through his media in a manner rivaled only by Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle, both being excellent works of art in their own rite.

Star, thanks for this exotic and satisfying work of art, you've got the voice of OCR.

What amazing work. While not being familiar with the original(s) myself, I am very impressed with what is obviously a very inspired piece. It blends so many genres of music together so tightly that it creates it's own type of sound, without restricting itself to the progressions of any other type of music. The vocals are awesome, simply amazing work.

I don't exactly know what Star Salzman was trying to accomplish with this ReMix, but whatever it was, it worked out very, very well.

Myself being a HUGE Xenogears fan, I love every piece that anyone will make from the game. This piece by far beats all the others, even the broken mirror reflection by Alexander Prievert which until now, was my favorite from Xenogears. Awesome job with the lyrics and the tieing of both themes. Keep up the good work.

N.B: By the way I have to note that the lyrics aren't Arabic (From what I could hear, as Arabic is my native language), it's more Hebrew than Arabic, although I'll re-listen to it another time later to be sure (The music mostly overshadows the lyrics).

The first part is in Arabic, and then the rest of the song is in Hebrew. (According to the lyrics Star has on his website, starblast.org)

Wow. The utter symbiosis of both songs, the ethnic-yet-electronic instrumentation, and even the religious light of the song, which Xenogears is extremely involved with, makes this song a perfect representation of Xenogears. If you've never played the game, listen to this song. If you like it, play the game.

This song is, however, only the next evolution in Star's ability. As we've seen that when he started using vocals in IncredibleSingingRobot, this is a new level in OCRemixing. This being his third song on OCR to feature vocals, it's only logical that he's gotten better. What's awesome is that the words seem only to convey a more accurate feel... or theme, and less of the text refference, although we know from what he's chosen that the text does have meaning.

Star, once again another quality piece. Well done. What's next?

Oh, damn, wow. I wasn't expecting such an ethnic masterful work, then again, I wasn't expecting lyrics at all. This is seriously awesome, putting two really awesome tracks together like this.. Just.. Wow. I think I'm speechless. Star Salzman, you've done an outstanding job on this. You really got the accent down! 8O

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01225 - Xenogears "Pillar of Salt"