OCR01225 - Xenogears "Pillar of Salt"

djpretzel

I can't stop listening to this piece. It is a breathtaking soundscape that you just want to listen to over and over again. The instrumentation choices are spot on, and the arrangement just screams desert oasis to me. I really enjoyed this remix. One of the best I have heard on the site, in fact!

• 2 months later...

You know it's a good remix when you can't hear the actual 'Omen' without automatically thinking that it's 'Pillar of Salt'! Still one of my favorites ever. I love the way it grabs my brain and dumps it somewhere in the middle of an Eastern desert :)

(although I do have some objections of using Biblical versus to paint this picture though).

Now that I think about it, so do I. Although the song is good, I find it disturbing that at the time Mr StarBlast created this song, he uses the Bible in an esotaric fashion without actually considering the "real" revelation behind the words used. I say this because a year later, he wrote a juvenille FF6 mainstream rap remix with the term STFU.

My questions to StarBlast would be "What do words actually mean to you as a person? Do you actually consider the fact that words can be used to inspire rather than just entertain?" Please do not treat words in the English language like a baby playing with building blocks. They've got way more power than you think when both spoken and meditated upon.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01225 - Xenogears "Pillar of Salt"