Sin Insurance - FFX Besaid Remix Completed

Tydin

Well, here it is. I didn't get much feeback on it when it was in it's WIP days, and to be honest I don't expect much but I figure it's not too bad and some of you out there might fancy listening to it. I had Several PM's on my youtube channel asking for a download so guess I thought I'd pop it on here too. Not really after critique now. If ya' like it listen, if you don't then don't :)

Hope to get some feedback on my future WIP's. ;-)

stats.png

• 2 months later...

This seems a little underappreciated so I'll just say that I think this is really cool, I dig ambient stuff like this. Pretty original concept too. Could perhaps be a bit longer. Once it had finished I was left wanting it to carry on. With ambient stuff like this you can get away with abusing sections longer than you usually would I'd say.

EDIT: You could also smash the words in the title together to make "Sinsurance"! :D

,,,No? D:

this is really chill, i dig this a lot. the soundscape is really well done and i really like the whole concept you went with, it's a lot of fun. i don't know how the judges feel about ambient stuff, but i hope this passes because it sounds great. i actually remember hearing this when you posted it as a wip but i forgot to reply back then (sorry for being so lazy). nice work, dude!

Reminds me of http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01537/, Summoner's Love, one of my all-time favourite OCR remixes (big compliment!). That being said, your arrangement is lacking a bit of depth (yes that's fine on an ambient track).

Vocal queues are nice, but at least on one occaion, way too long which only becomes distracting. Also, consider starting the song a little sooner. Start the soft intro before the operator's voice. I get that you are recreating the ambience of waiting on the phone, but don't make it sound too practical. If this song is soo good, I'd listen too it all day and get upset when someone actually picks up. The ending fader could be a little smoother too.

Keep it up!

This seems a little underappreciated so I'll just say that I think this is really cool, I dig ambient stuff like this. Pretty original concept too. Could perhaps be a bit longer. Once it had finished I was left wanting it to carry on. With ambient stuff like this you can get away with abusing sections longer than you usually would I'd say.

EDIT: You could also smash the words in the title together to make "Sinsurance"! :D

,,,No? D:

Haha, Kay, will do :P I dig it

And thankyou all so much for the kind words. I doubt its good enough to be aproved on this site, but hell, may as well give it a try

I'll give a little more of an in depth. I'll just cover production since you said the song is finished. I like the background instruments (sounds like bells, soft pianos, and soft pads) and I think they blend well together. I think the kick setting is way out of place. It's thudding in my ears and I feel it strips a little (maybe a lot) of the ambient feel. I would pull some low mids out of it (maybe 125 Hz?) and maybe even a little at the lows (maybe 80 Hz?). The lead guitar sounds a little too prominent and too far panned left. I would drag it back in and lower the volume a little. The snare is passable, but sounds a little dead. It prob needs a new patch or some good FX's. The hi hats are pretty weak and could probably use a little boost with a good little touch of verb. Other than that, I like the song itself, and I think it's a nice chillax tune. Good Luck with it:smile:

Hm. Well, I can't offer anything technical, but if it's finished anyway I guess it doesn't matter. The concept of phone-on-hold music is original, and the automated voice certainly has fun little . . . "in-jokes"? . . . or whatever. I don't often listen to ambient music, but this is definitely nice. My biggest complaint would have to do with the ending, as it simply fades out suddenly and the phone is replaced in its cradle.

Since it seems the whole idea of the song is that it's based around a phone, it makes more sense to me to – as the music begins to fade – have the automated voice make an apology about a lack of connection and then either have the music finish the fade-out followed by the phone being returned to the cradle or have the phone hang up so that the music is cut off abruptly. I recognize that this does lend to a counterpoint of the "easy-going" feeling, but the phone being put down at the end with no apparent connection isn't much better.

Or, conversely, when the music begins to fade the automated voice could thank the caller for his/her patience and confirm a connection, at which point a low-volume telephone ring – or possibly some other song, such as the very short "Good Night" theme or an excerpt from "The Splendid Performance" or "Traveling Company" – could be used to a complete fade-out. That would provide better support for the previous ambience.

I'm not going to say it's not good enough to be approved, because I think it could be, but I do also think you could do more with it.

~LS