Nintendo 3DS

DarkeSword

They could make it bigger, but goddamn, why would you want a bigger portable? Even then, they'll just do the same thing as the XL, making it bigger without changing any of the specs.

Well my father doesn't like the DS for its "small screens"...he doesn't like the console for the two screens thing either anyway.

An uplifting read, in my opinion:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6266844.html

I stopped playing Nintendo after my Wii broke about 2-3 years ago, and only missed it because I couldn't play my GC games. I got a 360 in the meantime which I never thought I would... But I got it fixed in May, and after E3 I'm really happy I did. The article makes me realize what Nintendo was planning all along. I thought they had abandoned the demographic that had kept them afloat through all the hard times, but they were just collecting enough money to come back with what we all really wanted... Nintendo is kind of like the father that leaves his kids one day and comes back a few years later to spoil them.

An uplifting read, in my opinion:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6266844.html

I stopped playing Nintendo after my Wii broke about 2-3 years ago, and only missed it because I couldn't play my GC games. I got a 360 in the meantime which I never thought I would... But I got it fixed in May, and after E3 I'm really happy I did. The article makes me realize what Nintendo was planning all along. I thought they had abandoned the demographic that had kept them afloat through all the hard times, but they were just collecting enough money to come back with what we all really wanted... Nintendo is kind of like the father that leaves his kids one day and comes back a few years later to spoil them.

Nintendo didn't abandon anyone. They're not abandoning anybody now.

In the whole supporting Nintendo during the "hard times", sorry but I don't believe that kept them afloat. Pok'emon and kids did. Now everyone will think I believe the "teh kidtendo" crap.

But by the time that is actually released, we will have already heard of the 3DSLite XL!

Not likely, why would any organization be stupid enough to announce the second version of their product before or shortly after the first hit the market? They'd lose a ton in sales.

Really? Have you not looked at the sales of DS Lite, DSi and DSiXL? People will buy the new version regardless of when it comes out. Hell, look at iPod and iPhone; they do this all the time, people know it happens, and yet the same people will happily buy the slightly improved version on top of the one(s) they already have.

In fact the people that complain about the number of revisions Nintendo puts out should go look up the number of revisions that Apple puts out.

People will buy each revision, yes, but there are enough people who would wait on buying the first release KNOWING that the second model is already in the works and knowing in some ways how it will be better. Something like that wouldn't tank the 3DS, by any means, but it certainly would have some impact on sales.

By releasing annual updates to their handheld, they basically eliminate the "wait for a new one" deal, since you'd be waiting forever anyway. You buy it at whatever point you want and that's that.

Now, if you're a total feature junkie or whatever and must have the latest, greatest thing, you'd be buying every new version anyway.

By releasing annual updates to their handheld, they basically eliminate the "wait for a new one" deal, since you'd be waiting forever anyway. You buy it at whatever point you want and that's that.

Now, if you're a total feature junkie or whatever and must have the latest, greatest thing, you'd be buying every new version anyway.

I love collecting them, and it doesn't bother me when they come out with a new model. The only people that complain are the really greedy ones, who feel they always need the newest thing. Putting out a new size (Which is what the DSiXL IS) is no different than putting out a new color of the DS, or a larger sized T-shirt. It just adds more variety to the market and give people more options. Seriously, that's all it is, and you don't hear people whining when a new DS color comes out.

I mean, come on. Would those people really have preferred for Nintendo or Apple to never have released a new model since the DS Phat or iPod touch came out?

This needs to come out sooner than later. The L button on my DS died awhile ago and I'm not buying a DSi when this is on the horizon. Some of my favorite games use the L button!

Well, as far as we know, the 3DS will be coming before April 2011.

I like the fact that Kid Icarus: Uprising, PilotWings Resort, and [x]Paper Mario 3DS[/x] are resurrecting their series from the ground. It's been like 10-20 years since we last saw at least one of these series! :-)

In fact the people that complain about the number of revisions Nintendo puts out should go look up the number of revisions that Apple puts out.

also when nintendo releases a revision it has a multitude of changes and upgrades whereas when apple releases a revision they change NOTHING

They change the price, so that's one thing.

On-topic-ish: I wonder what the internal memory capacity is going to be. Nintendo mentioned installed games at one point, but nothing since then has been mentioned. I wonder how much you can store on it. Could you shove a bunch of DS games on it? A half dozen 3DS games? Maybe just virtual console titles?

ok do you blind nintendo fanboys seriously wanna have this discussion (and the one thing that really doesnt change is the price)

what recent (older ones can count too but lets just go with recent) portable apple product that after going through a revision didnt receive a ton of improvements

when nintendo puts out a revision its just SMALLER or BRIGHTER or maybe the battery lasts a little longer the amount of improvements that apple makes when they go up one generation on a mobile device blows nintendos upgrades away

what recent (older ones can count too but lets just go with recent) portable apple product that after going through a revision didnt receive a ton of improvements

the new iphone makes a resolution improvement that is impossible for retinas to process, the camera adds ~zooming~, the thing adds in a gyroscope sensor for all of the gimmicky bullshit that you could ever ask for, and a slightly more powerful processor that works wonders on all the things that don't fucking matter because it's a god damn phone

Well even if the 3D is bad (which, by all indications, it isn't), you can just turn it off with the slider.

I'm more interested in the game library. Kid Icarus! Chocobo Racing! StarFox 64 3D!

The design is very good. It was about time Nintendo added the analog stick (slide pad), and I am very excited with KI, PW, and SSF4 coming to the 3DS with other big franchises. ;-)

the new iphone makes a resolution improvement that is impossible for retinas to process, the camera adds ~zooming~, the thing adds in a gyroscope sensor for all of the gimmicky bullshit that you could ever ask for, and a slightly more powerful processor that works wonders on all the things that don't fucking matter because it's a god damn phone

And couple the fact that most of the things that are added in Apple products that could/should have been in the product in the first place.

Of course, some of those things Nintendo is guilty of.

And I agree with Bleck on how ridiculous people need to compare Apple to Nintendo. Two entirely different companies that don't follow the same direction at all.

Not to mention most of the games on the iPod are like one night stands...