OCR02059 - Street Fighter 2010 "Type Valentine MX5"

djpretzel

if this kept up the DOD wont have any good songs they can call their own

Just because it eventually gets posted here doesn't mean they can't call it their own - it was, after all, made for DoD, and initially submitted and released there. However, I think as far as calling it their own, only the artist(s) involved can ultimately do that :-o

Great choice. Street Fighter 2010 has one of my favorite soundtracks for the NES--tons of great and often overlooked songs that'd make for great source tunes. I'd love to see much more.

Anyway, the first part is a little weak, though that may be because Level 1-2 had some of the weakest music in the game, if you ask me. But Level 1-3 had my absolute favorite stage music, and it picks up from there to where the title gets worked in. Really, the entire arrangement is awesome and has an appropriate epic sound to it, and I know I'll be listening to this many times over. The only one minor, very minor, weak point is the transition from the Level 1-2 to Level 1-3. KF

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. M with more of his awesome stuff. This song is ALL about those guitar harmonies above the moving drums. It really has an AC/DC feel with me, at least guitars-wise. The drums aren't showy, and that's just fine because the song isn't focusing on them. Everything here is at the very least competent, and at the very best incredible. When it switches over to fast-gear, I can't help but imagine some Rocky-style training montage playing to it. It's very uplifting.

Don't stop rocking, very muscular naked blue superhero.

The arrangement manages to recreate the sound, or rather feel, of old Capcom games effortlessly; well done. Breakdown at 3:15 is nice. 4:25 onwards is awesome, nice use of sirens.

In my opinion, the remix seems to be a tad too long, though. A little more variation as far as the lead guitar is concerned might've helped combat that impression.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally, something NEW!

I always found SF2010 an odd title. But the music was always an old favorite. Good to hear someone jumped on it!

I, too would like to hear a less-compressed version of this.

And this came from DoD? I guess I need to remove all my previous notions of that being the nerve center of all unpolished, video game-related garage metal covers. :-?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Holy ass. Street Fighter 2010. Holy ass, metal medley. Holy ASS, it's awesome.

It's extremely difficult for me to specify a favourite part of this terrific medley; it's all so wonderfully complementary and almost organically arranged. Transitions are not just economic, but are actually great to listen to as well. It's mixes like this that justify the medley genre for me.

I love everything about this one.

• 8 months later...

A 2010 ReMix posted on 2010. Ha. Okay, beyond the funny timeline used here, this is the kind of ReMix I've come to expect from the Dr. Heavy, forceful metal that makes it's point through the entire five minutes. Really liked the siren SFX near the end of the ReMix. Great arrangement and solid production, very nice.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02059 - Street Fighter 2010 "Type Valentine MX5"